Umeå...fact nerds take notice!

Fluffy Kitty

New Metal Member
Aug 9, 2009
Sweden
Since I know there are people visiting here that are obsessed with anything DT (in the most positive of ways…*cough*) and I’m only a casual observer (too old to be used to this sort of thing) I waited for someone to mention the unique experience in Umeå… But no, seems nobody in this forum took notice?

Let’s start with this: http://svt.se/1.2345621/hon_tolkar_hardrocken_for_dova

Now, I hope this works outside of Sweden? If it does, you will see a news clip from Swedish TV about how cute sign language interpreter Camilla Lundberg and not unknown singer Mikael Stanne talks about the special project for the bands concert at Umeå Metal Fest on March 4th this year. I will not do the full translation…she talks about being a bit nervous, since she is a big fan and how different it is to translate vocals compared to speech. Mr Stanne is energetic (as usual) and says he’s excited about the different dimension this will add to the performance.

And I was there! There are some clips on youtube showing the band but nothing of Miss Lundberg? The fact that the fantastic video projections (that you all noticed last year, right?) somehow messed up and showed “The Fatalist” for the first three songs and then got changed to the sombre “dark tranquillity” backdrop did not hurt. I was to the left of the stage and found myself trying to keep up between Stannes vocals and the sign language version…beautiful somehow and quite interesting.
There you go, fact nerds! Also worth mentioning is Stanne in the front row singing “Punish my heaven” ONLY for the lady in the front with the title tattooed on her arm.
I met Miss Lundberg after the show as she was leaving and thanked her for a job well done!
Yes, every DT concert is different...

Brilliant! This is really great, as a fellow translator/interpreter I really admire what she is doing. I notice that having LESCO interpreters at concerts is becoming more and more common, and it's excellent that there's one interested in interpreting DT's lyrics. Thanks a lot for the link! And congrats to Camilla Lundberg.