Vocals on Damage Done

Man Made Mike

man made, not god.
Jan 27, 2002
New York
hey there people....ive always liked DT but never really got into them that much because it always striked me as repetitive and Stanne's vocals seemed to raw to me....on this cd though, i fucking love the vocals (and everything else, one of the best cd's recently)....so im asking you because you guys know more about them than me.....do the vocals sound different (much better) on this cd? or is this was stanne always sounds like in DT albums?

In my opinion Stanne's vocals have both improved and doesn't sound the same on each album. On Projector he showed us how he can pull off clean vox and he is just amazing on that album. On The Gallery and The Mind's I he is awesome too, but have a more schrieky voice (The Gallery) and on TMI it is a little bit of both schrieky and dark. I love the way he sings in anxiety on those albums! On Haven he mix a little of clean vox and dark but I must admitt that his best performance vocal vise is on Damage Done. It's just fucking incredible:OMG: :headbang:

I love all of his vocals. I must admit that I am partial to those of the Gallery, they never cease to amaze me. But, the DD vocals are also amazing, just in a different way. They've been changing but they're always great.

Originally posted by Man Made Mike
hey there people....ive always liked DT but never really got into them that much because it always striked me as repetitive and Stanne's vocals seemed to raw to me....on this cd though, i fucking love the vocals (and everything else, one of the best cd's recently)....so im asking you because you guys know more about them than me.....do the vocals sound different (much better) on this cd? or is this was stanne always sounds like in DT albums?

You think DT is repetitive and that stanne vocals are to raw and you have a fucking opeth cd as your avatar, please go away you are wasting everyone's time, we dont need another stupid opeth fanboy.

@Misanthrope: chill! Every new DT fan is welcome :)

@Man Made Mike: his vocals have evolved over time, they used to be more shrieky in the past, but they were always excellent, his clean vocals too (though I personally don't like them on Projector...).

I also noticed Stanne's remarkable vocals on Damage Done, and it reminded me alot of the vocals on In Flames' The Jester Race. Until today, i had NO idea that Stanne IS the vocalist on The Jester Race (hence the similarity :p). I feel like an idiot, but I also look at TJR (and Stanne) different now. :)

[edit] i just talked to someone, and there's some discrepancy over who did vocals on TJR :/

it sounds EXACTLY like stanne (check out december flower to see what i mean), but some say it's anders :/

confusion

Originally posted by sideslash
I also noticed Stanne's remarkable vocals on Damage Done, and it reminded me alot of the vocals on In Flames' The Jester Race. Until today, i had NO idea that Stanne IS the vocalist on The Jester Race (hence the similarity :p). I feel like an idiot, but I also look at TJR (and Stanne) different now. :)

[edit] i just talked to someone, and there's some discrepancy over who did vocals on TJR :/

it sounds EXACTLY like stanne (check out december flower to see what i mean), but some say it's anders :/

confusion
uhhh....where did you get your info from? Stanne is not on TJR, nor do the vox on TJR sound anything like DD.

Originally posted by Misanthrope

You think DT is repetitive and that stanne vocals are to raw and you have a fucking opeth cd as your avatar, please go away you are wasting everyone's time, we dont need another stupid opeth fanboy.

hey give him a chance.............he is getting into DT, and we need more fan base..................

to topic starter..................get every album of DT, else your copllection is incomplete...........

well...a friend and I were discussing how Stanne was on Lunar Strain, and after listening to "December Flower" off TJR, i heard a striking resemblance.

go ahead, listen to that song...it may not be stanne, but it sounds a LOT like him

and wtf, opeth doesn't suck :[

bleak is one of my favorite songs ever