Uncreation cover !

Neuromancer

Jul 8, 2006
Turkey
Hello guys & gals, :)

I was out on holiday for 3 weeks, so it took a lot of time for me to put together my latest cover from Dan Swanö, Uncreation. It was more challenging mixing this one considering The Dreamreader (my previous cover), since Uncreation have more instrumentation and harmonies here and there. I also added a surprise part somewhere in the song ;) i hope you guys like it !

here is the link : http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1692156/Burak - Uncreation (Dan Swanö cover).mp3

from the technical point, i used :

Epiphone Les Paul Custom tuned in E standart with 0,10 strings
Pod XT Live for the amp simulation
keFIR vst for the impulse to simulate cabs
MXL v67i condenser mic
Presonus Audiobox USB soundcard
ESI nEar06 monitors

Cubase SX3
Broomstick Bass vst Fender Jazz Bass samples
Superior Drummer 2 vst
lots of vst compressor and EQ plugins

...waiting for your feedbacks :headbang::headbang::headbang:

thanks for the nice comments :)
i guess the dreamreader cover was sounding slightly better and solid than uncreation. but this one is ok too... at least to my ears

thanks guys, really appreciated :kickass:

That was wicked mate! Will you do more off of Moontower?

thanks dude, my next project will be "At The End Of The Bridge" by Unicorn and i hope i don't fail :headbang:

the worst thing about this cover is the hi-hat sound. and yes, that's a compliment :D

actually, there are only 2 off-beat hihat hits through the cover (in the end). i guess you mean the ride sound which is all over the song as in the original Uncreation. At least i think those are all ride hits in the original song, if not , i need a serious ear cleaning :rolleyes: thanks for the compliment :D

Nice cover! It sounds very clear, every instrument and vocals can be easily heard so mixing and mastering have been made very well:). Your growls are very interesting, it took a little time for me to get used to those but after that, vocals sounded nice:). They are maybe not as brutal as Dan's but they fitted well to Uncreation. That bonus sounded good but maybe it would have been better if there had been only clean vocals.

After all, awesome job! I'm waiting for new covers:headbang:.

I think Dan should comment these too. It would be very very interesting to read those opinions:).

hi man!
nice to hear your cover

please send me preset of your POD XT tone
intresting-i guess it close to Moontower sound
and solo's sound is great!:)

please send the tones here:
alex_lefthander@hotmail.com
your clean vox are much better than your growl
you growls hard

and Dan is easy growls
sorry for pure english i dont know how to explain that...
but your cleans is perfect;)

hello guys and thanks for the great comments :)

hi man!
nice to hear your cover

please send me preset of your POD XT tone
intresting-i guess it close to Moontower sound
and solo's sound is great!:)

please send the tones here:
alex_lefthander@hotmail.com
your clean vox are much better than your growl
you growls hard

and Dan is easy growls
sorry for pure english i dont know how to explain that...
but your cleans is perfect;)

well, i use POD XT Live just for the amp sound. What you hear in the cover as the guitar tone is not the direct tone from my POD. I use the thin and sizzling amp tone from the pod, record the guitars, and use keFIR plug-in to simulate the cabinets. But solo tone is a direct record from POD. i can send you both, you can use them as you like. And you can find the cabinet impulses throughout the ultimate metal forum, just make a search.

and i'm not having a hard time growling if that is what you mean :) but yeah, it sounds like i'm shitting my pants as i growl, but believe me i'm not :lol:

i will send you the tones tonight, i don't have them in this computer i'm using at the moment.

I thought this cover was great, especially the dual vocals "The world is aging backwards..." verse!

However, I think it would've been an incredible choice to sing the entire song in clean vocals.