Under a Glass Moon ( cover )

thanks everyone. It is hard for me to judge as I only hear ( the many ) flaws.

Didn't feel like my finest performance, but I don't hate it either.

I did expect a little more response, good or bad, few posts in this thread.
oh well.

Should've commented when I listened to it. Och well. Not that I'm the biggest DT fan, quite honestly, but that cover was extremely well executed. Good effort all round. Nice substitution for the keyboards, too.

thanks everyone. It is hard for me to judge as I only hear ( the many ) flaws.

Didn't feel like my finest performance, but I don't hate it either.

I did expect a little more response, good or bad, few posts in this thread.
oh well.

Dude, your vocals own. To me you sound like a mix of Geoff Tate, Ray Alder (Fates Warning), James Labrie, and add your own touch. During the softer/spoken, parts I thought Labrie was to soft but you add an edgier/gruffer texture (if that makes sense) along with hitting the high notes as well. I'm jealous:lol: Great work.

Zane

Listening to it now. Very good actually. Obviously, it's a very difficult song to cover, but you guys did a pretty good job at it.

The only complaint I really have is the first part of the chorus with the line, "Outside the soundness of your mind." Sounded like some wrong notes to me, but other than that, it was a solid performance.

ok i guess i'll be the only douchebag with negative criticism since no one else has. it was good but it seems like the guitarist had a little bit of trouble playing some parts. and in regard to your voice it just gives me the feeling that you want to go really high at some points but have a wall thats sort of stopping it and at times sounds a little bit forced. remember though im just nitpicking at any little thing i can find because there hasn't been any negative feedback, none of those were really flamboyant or extremely noticeable.

I checked out the cover, it blew me away! You have a phenomenal voice!
Do you play any intruments? Nice zombie pic ;) I'd like to see your real face
<3 :headbang:

ok i guess i'll be the only douchebag with negative criticism since no one else has. it was good but it seems like the guitarist had a little bit of trouble playing some parts. and in regard to your voice it just gives me the feeling that you want to go really high at some points but have a wall thats sort of stopping it and at times sounds a little bit forced. remember though im just nitpicking at any little thing i can find because there hasn't been any negative feedback, none of those were really flamboyant or extremely noticeable.

Yeah, we all had our bad moments on this song. It isn't perfect by any means.
I was actually singing higher than it was supposed to be during the recording, we noticed it part way through and I went and corrected everything.
It is also alot faster than the original which made it a challenge for all.

No harm in saying what you think about the song, that is why it is here. Thanks for being honest about it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said over AIM, the cover was awesome. Even if you hit a few bad notes, it isn't like there are zero releases out there without flaws. You aren't signed, nor making any money off of this. Even with those things being said, you kick the shit out of Labrie.