Underrated Albums

one man stands

Twins Still In It
Feb 14, 2002
Albert Lea, MN
Visit site
I love all this talk about Anthrax, and As I read through all these threads, I have noticed that a couple albums get left out alot(also on the BTM). State of Euphoria, which was not even mentioned on the BTM, and Stomp 442. Back in the day, I thought S.O.E. was a great album. I know Scott does not like it, but even though some have said it sounds to polished, what the hell does that mean? I think it is great and has some great song's I.E. "Who Care's Win's", "Be All, End All", "Now It's Dark", and "Finale". And Stomp is also a great album With, well all of the song's. "In a Zone" is a personal favorite, it is just so Fucking Heavy!! Anyways give me some input on how anyone feels about these records. I love reading the conversations we get going on here, good and bad.

Yes! You're right man! SOE is their most underrated album.
I love that one very much, my fave's are "Be All, End All", "Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind", "Now it's dark", and "Finale". "Stomp" is also pretty cool! Your taste is nearly the same as mine because "In A Zone" is also my favorite Stomp-Song.

Mosh - Hard - Alwayz!!!

I've gotta agree, those 2 are really underrated. SOE was the first anthrax album I bought. I remember when "Be All, End All" kicked in, man, that is a great tune, and a great album. And stomp 442 is great too. I don't know about my favorite song, every one is good. I would have to say either Feuled, Random acts of Sensless Violence, or Nothing. The chorus of Nothing is the catchiest thing, i love it.

I think the problem with S.O.E was the fact Anthrax had become abit too jokey, all bermuda shorts and cartoons. The stage show consisted of ropes and props and they spent most of their time goofing around on stage. I didn't like the album when it first came out but its grown on me. Doesn't it make the blood boil when you here stomp was a poor seller. I listen to loads of music and stomp rates as a first class album, but it comes down to image again you got to be pretty or controversial to sell shed loads of albums.
hey, Anthrax are controversial at the moment, maybe just maybe...............

STOMP RULES!!!

That said, I liked all the Joey stuff when Joey was still in the band, but after they got Bush I was kind of like eh, okay, whatever. Pre-Bush stuff just doesn't grab me like it used to. Oh well.

But when Stomp came out, that's all I listened to for MONTHS. I still listen to it several times a week. I have no idea why it's overlooked, it's a MUST HAVE. I agree with Nothing being catchy. RAOSV, Fueled and Riding Shotgun are my favorite off that album.

SOE was prolly my least fav of them all. I still played the fuck out of it back in the day and it's in my changer still today(along with all their albums execpt for FOM only because I havn't been able to find it on CD yet) Stomp and Vol. 8 are 2 of the most under-rated albums of all time in my opinion. I remember playing them recently for a couple of friends who havn't heard them they were like "this jams! when did this come out?" When I told them like 6 years ago they freaked out. I hope and pray that they finally get a damn label that'll insure that this never happens with their new album.:)

Hi AngelWitch!

I also could never get into "Stomp" for some years but it's grown on me!

Stomp 442 is "Perfect Music". Nuff said!

Peace!

After SOWN, I was really pumped for Stomp. The first time I listened to it, I was disappointed...there was something subtle, but it didn't grab me like SOWN did. Except for Tester...than song kicked from the first time I heard it.

But then I listened to the album again. And again. And each time I listened to it, it kicked ass harder and harder, and I realized what a great fuckin album it is. Different than SOWN, yes, but still a great album. I still think SOWN and Vol. 8 are better records overall, but Stomp, in my opinion, is still the third best album to come out in the 90's. And Tester still stands as one of my favorite songs.

As for SOE, it's a good album, and maybe it doesn't get the respect it deserves, but as far as Anthrax albums go, its one of their weakest. Still miles ahead of anything that I've heard on the radio lately.

After POT and SOWN people weren't sure what direction ANTHRAX were going in. People started throwing in words like "progressive." So rather than "reinvent the wheel so to speak, we just decided to make the heaviest record we could, Charlie just kept saying 'but is it heavy enough.'" (John Bush - cleveland scene 12/95) So I think people thought it was anthrax's attempt at making a cleanly produced pantera record. I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread....it kicked ass from start to finish like ATL, w/ some great hooks and melodies. That being said, nothing metal was going to sell in 1995 unless it said metallica or pantera on the front. Megadeth, Testament, Prong, ST, all began a downward spiral...