Underrated Albums

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
Annihilator - Criteria For A Black Widow
Judas Priest - Jugulator
Accept - Blood Of The Nations (Let's face it, people hate the fact that Udo isn't in the band and won't give this album a chance. Those people are also idiots.)
Crimson Glory - Astronomica (I don't really give a damn that it's Wade instead of Midnight, the music still kicks ass!)
Killers - Murder One
Pantera - Power Metal
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black
Nevermore - Nevermore
Sodom - M-16
Toxik - Think This
Watch Them Die - Bastard Son

You know what's weird about the Judas Priest album Jugulator? I completely agree with you but this album won a grammy(I think) for "Metal Album of The Year".That's nuts that it got an award but isn't really considered a great album in the metal community.I love it and it ranks up there with some great ones for me.

You know what's weird about the Judas Priest album Jugulator? I completely agree with you but this album won a grammy(I think) for "Metal Album of The Year".That's nuts that it got an award but isn't really considered a great album in the metal community.I love it and it ranks up there with some great ones for me.

Where'd you come up with that? Completely untrue. There isn't even a grammy for "Metal Album of the Year", just "best metal performance" which went to Metallica's "Better Than You" instead of Judas Priest's "Bullet Train".

I still find it odd they were nominated for that, as I still will stand by and say this was an unbelievably crappy album with horrible songwriting, both musically and lyrically. The only song that I enjoy slightly is "Cathedral Spires."

Cry Wolf - S/T
Extreme - III Sides to Every Story
Heed - The Call (someone else noted it and I couldn't agree more.. and their stuff for the 2nd one that I heard is just as good)
Tesla - alot of what they did was under appreciated

Nice call on Cry Wolf Jennifer. That's a melodic metal masterpiece. You're thinking of 'Crunch' right?

Others that I would throw in the list are:
Armored Saint - Symbol of Salvation
Sword - Metalized
Vicious Rumors - pretty much everything
Riot - pretty much everything, but especially Thundersteel and Privilege of Power

The Black Symphony - Tears of Blood
Magic Kingdom - Metallic Tragedy
Heed - The Call
Powerwolf - Bible of the Beast
Saxon - Unleash the Beast
Inmoria - Invisible Wounds

Heed - The Call was AWESOME!

A couple of other favorites were
Steel Prophet - Dark Hallucinations (great dual guitars)
Holy Mother - Toxic Rain (Judas priest Painkiller era Power Metal)
Stranglehold - Elemental (killer melodic power metal)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8zs5m1I2U&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Overkill - WFO
Overkill - I Hear Black
Overkill - The Killing Kind
And Oceans - Cypher
Bathory - Blood On Ice
Blaze - Silicon Messiah
Carcass - Swansong
Corrosion Of Conformity - Deliverance
Crimson Glory - Astronomica
Cydonia - Cydonia
Destiny’s End - Breathe Deep The Dark
Desultory - Bitterness
Bruce Dickinson - Skunkworks
Fight - War Of Words
Flotsam And Jetsam - Cuatro
Gorefest - Soul Survior
Grip Inc. - Power Of Inner Strength
Human Fortress - Defenders Of The Crown
King Diamond - The Spider's Lullabye
King Diamond - The Graveyard
Kreator - Endorama
Lefay - SOS
Mercyful Fate - Into The Unknown
Metal Church - Hanging In The Balance
M.O.D. - Devolution
Morgion - Solianri
Prong - Cleansing
Pro-Pain - Contents Under Pressure
Suicidal Tendencies - The Art Of Rebellion
Tiamat - A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
Virgin Steele - The House Of Atreus Act I
Virgin Steele - The House Of Atreus Act II
Warhead - Beyond Recall

Nuno - Schizophonic
Mourning Widows - S/T
Mourning Widows - Furnished Souls for Rent
Population 1 - S/T
Dramagods - Love
Opeth - Still Life
Any of Richie Kotzen's solo stuff - great guitar player but a HIGHLY underrated singer.
Blue Murder - S/T
Diesel Machine - Torture Test
Ankla - Steep Trails
Living Colour - Stain
Live - Songs From Black Mountain
Slayer - God Hates Us All
Sybreed - Slave Design
Sybreed - Antares
Van Halen - Fair Warning

Where'd you come up with that? Completely untrue. There isn't even a grammy for "Metal Album of the Year", just "best metal performance" which went to Metallica's "Better Than You" instead of Judas Priest's "Bullet Train".

I still find it odd they were nominated for that, as I still will stand by and say this was an unbelievably crappy album with horrible songwriting, both musically and lyrically. The only song that I enjoy slightly is "Cathedral Spires."

Shows u I don't watch the grammys much.I remembered the album getting listed as a nominee but it was the song Bullet Train from the album.I thought they won it,guess not.

FIFTH ANGEL - Self-titled and "Time Will Tell"
This. An awesome pair of discs.

Powerwolf - Bible of the Beast
I can't get past the lyrics on this one.

Opeth, Still Life
I was under the impression that this widely considered one of the greatest Metal discs ever... not sure how that makes it underrated.

Corrosion Of Conformity - Deliverance
Awesome, awesome disc. CoC remains one of my favorite bands. I really wish they'd get back in the studio and tour.