Underrated AOR/Hard Rock albums

The band 1994, have a couple of great albums out on Rock Candy. Thank god they issued the second album as it had never been on cd. It is as good as anything on the Rock Candy label and a true classic to my ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since joining this forum I've been on a rush trying to find the best AOR/melodic hardrock/Westcoast, or whatever you want to call it. I've always been a fan of Survivor, Toto, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Styx etc but coming from more of an extreme metal background originally I didn't exactly know much about the "genre" as such. In the last few weeks/months I've landed some really goodies though and I have you guys and especially Matt to thank for this.

Some HUGE personal faves now include, amongst others...

Aviator - s/t
Atlantic - Power
Van Zant - s/t
Airrace - Shaft of Light
Balance - In for the Count

All bloody brilliant! Thanks again guys!

Since joining this forum I've been on a rush trying to find the best AOR/melodic hardrock/Westcoast, or whatever you want to call it. I've always been a fan of Survivor, Toto, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Styx etc but coming from more of an extreme metal background originally I didn't exactly know much about the "genre" as such. In the last few weeks/months I've landed some really goodies though and I have you guys and especially Matt to thank for this.

Some HUGE personal faves now include, amongst others...

Aviator - s/t
Atlantic - Power
Van Zant - s/t
Airrace - Shaft of Light
Balance - In for the Count

All bloody brilliant! Thanks again guys!

Glad we could all help out! I am sure there are plenty more that are slipping our minds. hahaha.

as far as new stuff The Magnificent album is pretty kick ass. Singer of Circus Maximus. this one did slip past my radar, but MY DAD of all people pointed out how good it was. it's funny because he doesn't know who Circus Maximus is at all but loves this one!

I have been trying to get him off his "nu country" kick by showing him all the awesome AOR out there in the market currently. This album and Work Of Art's stuff is his favorites. He digs WET and Eclipse too.

Last edited by a moderator: