Underworld Discussion and Favorite Track

Next_Profundis

New Metal Member
Sep 7, 2003
Visit site
Well, I must say even though I had very high hopes for this album I was not at all disappointed. Two tracks in particular blew my mind: 'Next Profundis' and 'The Mirror Stage'. The Next Profundis is the perfect prog song (I love the bass tapping (?) part). And The Mirror Stage is even better - that chorus is absolutely devastating. And how could you not like evil funhouse riff at the beginning?!?

The rest of the album is great as well. I also love 'Underworld' for the its atmosphere. I must admit that 'Promises' took me by surprise - but in a good way - definitely the best Readman preformance I've heard yet.

Stephan somehow even improved on the solos. The dark guitar line before the keyboard solo on 'Chosen' is amazing, as is the solo on 'From my Sleep... to Someone Else".

Anyways, I think 'The Mirror Stage' is my favorite... for now. What is everyone else's favorite track?

I agree Beth, Promises is very nice and not overly mushy as most ballads can be. :) From my sleep is awesome, Chosen and Next Profundis all kick ass. I love every tune on the album and they made an album equal if not better then Sanctus Ignis and in my opinion the first Adagio ranks right up there with the classic stuff from Dream Theater (Images and Words, Scenes from a Memory), Symphony X (V and Divine Wings of Tragedy)....it's that good!