unfortunate..

lucidphreak

New Metal Member
Mar 22, 2009
its really unfortunate that RZ appears not to be doing anything further.. i listened to the actual again today and was once again just blown away by the power and diversity of this band.

i read a review after a simple google search and it said "nothing unique here.." i really tend to disagree.. sure, prog has come a long way since the release of the album, and shine and polish is the order of the day - but the originiality of the songwriting and the musicianship is just totally different than anything i've ever heard.

RZ goes into the same pot for me that Digital Ruin is in... Two bands that should have been up there with DT and FW - and maybe even queensryche as far as Digital Ruin goes - but this and that, and age and marriage caused them to fade into zero.

I spoke with the bass player a year or two ago in email or on a message board and he said there was still a possibility of something else, but from looking around it looks like everyone has kinda gone their own ways.

Yet i will continue to scan the scene for evidence of them doing a different climb once again with my fingers crossed.

lp