Unhinged, you faggot, get in here

Conspicuously Absent

Linguistically Confused
Mar 27, 2005
Berlin
Downloaded Born with teeth the other day....

Good shit!!!

Not my main listening type of stuff, but definetly something to keep on hand and reccomend to a few peeps I know.

:kickass:

P.S. you're not a faggot :p <3

perfect opportunity to ask (if i have already, i'm sorry for wasting more of your time) where would a North American who is so inclined pick up some Scald?

Conspicuously Absent said:
Downloaded Born with teeth the other day....
Good shit!!!

Not my main listening type of stuff, but definetly something to keep on hand and reccomend to a few peeps I know.

:kickass:

P.S. you're not a faggot :p <3

damn thought I was in for some greasy interweb wrestling there
but cheers! get the other free songs too, lower quality though :mad:

and how do you really know I'm not an uphill gardener?

:zombie:

Demilich said:
perfect opportunity to ask (if i have already, i'm sorry for wasting more of your time) where would a North American who is so inclined pick up some Scald?

regimental records + relapse both stock headworm
regimental is cheaper, but both are cheaper than buying from us :) (crappy dollar makes it very hard to sell things at a reasonable price)

actually Erik got it from regimental for $6.66
maybe that still on

euro people should just buy stuff from us http://www.vermitronic.me.uk

thats also the address for the freebees :)

thanks a lot!

i've been listening to samples on and off for years on different UM boards (before I came to RC I think?), and I'm finally gonna pick something up!

It isn't the kind of thing I usually go for, but you guys put on a good live show...a year ago today wasn't it with Primordial and Mourning Beloveth at Whelans in Dublin?

I don't know your sexual preference at all :p And you don't know mine. :zombie: It's the great mystery of the internet.

edit: and will do on the samples.

Demilich said:
thanks a lot!

i've been listening to samples on and off for years on different UM boards (before I came to RC I think?), and I'm finally gonna pick something up!

It isn't the kind of thing I usually go for, but you guys put on a good live show...a year ago today wasn't it with Primordial and Mourning Beloveth at Whelans in Dublin?

damn, right enough, I thought we were ok but not full on enough
we've only done one live show since, which we were very full on but didn't play so well (w/ khanate)
really should have that fucking dvd done by now

that was a great day out though
I was fucking hammered

Khanate
The Bunker, Belfast
20 November 2005

The night is billed as one of pure, unadulterated slowness and heaviness, and feeling the rumbling bass of Khanate's soundcheck through one's feet upstairs in the enue is a heartening experience. Having only heard the band very recently, I was excited to hear the news that two Irish dates were planned, and bought my ticket well in advance.

Slomatics were first up to face the crowd, and their brand of slow, sludgy doom went down a treat, warming the crowd up nicely. Their bass-heavy fuzz was powerful enough to be felt rather than heard, and the assembled metalheads lapped it up, particularly "Running Battle".

It's rare to hear of a Scald gig, the band being of the hermit persuasion, and this is perhaps a double-edged sword. It's great that they are such cult legends in Ireland, but bad because performances are few and far between. Tonight's performance was, in a word, apocalyptic. Assaulting eardrums with "Larva" and "Cocoon" (two new songs from a top-secret project) Scald started off incredible. Equally, "Spiracle" goes down a treat, but it is modern metal classic "Maggot Farmer" that has everyone's head banging. Having recently signed to Code 666 records, possibly the most respected label in the metal underground, and with the forthcoming "Vermiculatus" album imminent, Scald seem destined to join the ranks of the world's cerebral metal elite.

Following such an act will always be hard, and although Stephen O'Malley's Khanate play to perfection, something just doesn't work. True, the music is heavy enough to actually make your clothes shake, and Khanate obviously know what they're doing with creating bleak and crushing sonic soundscapes, but they completely failed to capture my imagination. Perhaps if one were to be more in that style of music, they would "get it". Unfortunately, it was not for me. Scald: band of the night by far.

Reviewer Donal Mcbrien

from here > http://www.planet-loud.com/v6/livereview.php?live_id=176

just saw this
its great to be cult :lol: :kickass: :Smokin:

the increase in your hate towards me has ruined my life, i will not shoot myself and continue to post as an undead monkey at a typewriter zombie.