Unknown awesome bands!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheApostle

Mar 4, 2005
America
Extremely sorry if this is against the rules around here, but we all like good music!

I have stumbled across this band called "When Day Descends."
They hail from Tasmania, Austrailia and Opeth is listed as one of their main influences. Take a listen to the song "Adaptive." I am extremely impressed with this band, they deserve to have more fans.

http://whendaydescends.com/

Anyone else know of some bands that no one really knows of?

Subterranean Masquerade aren't unknown, but they're hardly getting the recognition they deserve. Prog metal at it's finest, that has a lot of weird and original shit. Members include Novembers Doom and Agalloch members

Frosties said:
Subterranean Masquerade aren't unknown, but they're hardly getting the recognition they deserve. Prog metal at it's finest, that has a lot of weird and original shit. Members include Novembers Doom and Agalloch members

prog metal at its poorest actually. that band is a trainwreck of meandering and worship of influences, while retaining moderate musicianship within the most unfocused setting ive heard in a long time. 2/5 on NFU grading system...

NineFeetUnderground said:
prog metal at its poorest actually. that band is a trainwreck of meandering and worship of influences, while retaining moderate musicianship within the most unfocused setting ive heard in a long time. 2/5 on NFU grading system...
Ever heard or heard of SOD?

TheApostle said:
Extremely sorry if this is against the rules around here, but we all like good music!

I have stumbled across this band called "When Day Descends."
They hail from Tasmania, Austrailia and Opeth is listed as one of their main influences. Take a listen to the song "Adaptive." I am extremely impressed with this band, they deserve to have more fans.

http://whendaydescends.com/

Anyone else know of some bands that no one really knows of?

wheee that's Dave. He used to post here years ago, before the place went shit. It's not a "they", it's only him, also btw.

to answer the thread, i could go on for fucking DAYYYYS with dark ambient/industrial/power electronics/free noise stuff, but i'll spare you all. No one likes that stuff, and it's extremely difficult to break into so it's not worth mentioning on a metal forum.

"Rilo Kiley is a Los Angeles-based indie rock band fronted by former child actors Jenny Lewis (Troop Beverly Hills, The Wizard) and Blake Sennett (Salute Your Shorts, Boy Meets World). They have released three albums, all of which combine country, folk, and pop sensibilities. The band originally signed with Barsuk Records, an independent label, for their first full-length album, Take-Offs & Landings, in 2001. Rilo Kiley went on to sign with Omaha's Saddle Creek Records and released The Execution of All Things in 2002. In 2004, they released More Adventurous on their own imprint, Brute/Beaute Records. They have sold nearly 75,000 records in three years and toured the United States repeatedly. Lewis sings lead vocals and shares writing credits with guitarist Sennett. The band also features Pierre De Reeder on bass and Jason Boesel on drums."

I have done my research, this is band is so fucking not metal.

metal_wrath said:
"Rilo Kiley is a Los Angeles-based indie rock band fronted by former child actors Jenny Lewis (Troop Beverly Hills, The Wizard) and Blake Sennett (Salute Your Shorts, Boy Meets World). They have released three albums, all of which combine country, folk, and pop sensibilities. The band originally signed with Barsuk Records, an independent label, for their first full-length album, Take-Offs & Landings, in 2001. Rilo Kiley went on to sign with Omaha's Saddle Creek Records and released The Execution of All Things in 2002. In 2004, they released More Adventurous on their own imprint, Brute/Beaute Records. They have sold nearly 75,000 records in three years and toured the United States repeatedly. Lewis sings lead vocals and shares writing credits with guitarist Sennett. The band also features Pierre De Reeder on bass and Jason Boesel on drums."

I have done my research, this is band is so fucking not metal.

take it from a reformed former opeth fan rilo kiley > metal

NineFeetUnderground said:

I completely disagree. The musicianship is as good as it needs to be, without having any techninical wanking. The music has an excellant flow and keeps on refreshing as the song unfolds - which may be called unfocused, but no more than Opeths earlier albums. The diversity of instruments and moods really give the band something special that I haven't heard anywhere else.

I haven't heard any metal presented as SM's album is.

Status
Not open for further replies.