Unmoored

Tumn

baptized in blood
Feb 8, 2005
Washington, USA
Don't know how many of you have listened to this band, but it's one of Christian Älvestam's bands, the Scar Symmetry vocalist. I fucking love them and have Firefest9 to thank for getting me into this band. I highly advise you guys to check out their 2nd album Kingdoms of Greed, a lot of the songs really reminds me Hypocrisy between The Abducted era through Into the Abyss.

Their first album I don't like as much as these other 2, Cimmerian, the vocals are too weird.

Then their newest album from 2003, Indefinite Soul Extension is really great, but this one doesn't remind me of Hypocrisy, this is where Unmoored came into their own sound I think.

Np, I love them. I highly advise buying their last 2 albums at least. Kingdoms of Greed and Indefinite Soul Extension. Pretty much have to buy them off Ebay since they're rare.

still listening right now!! Sounds pretty good. Will look around for UNMOORED!!! CHEERS!!! :Smokin:

Actually, back when I first got Indefinite Soul Extension and gave it a few listens, it reminded me very much of Hypocrisy in a couple of songs (Abducted-The Final Chapter era, more than anything else), and also Edge of Sanity, regarding some melodies but most strongly the clean vocals. I find them very similar to Dan Swanö's vocal work. I probably ought to check out their earlier releases, since I really enjoy ISE.

Yeah Christian's clean vocals really remind me of Dan's at times too. But yeah check out Kingdoms of Greed, that is really more like Hypocrisy than ISE.

Im definately backing my buddy Tumn (mike) here.

Unmoored is a great band. Christian is an amazing vocalist! Indefinate Soul Extension is their crown jewel in my opinion. So much diversity in the tracks-solid production (tommy tagtgren). at time, christian sounds like Swano and Akerfeldt. He is planning another album at the end of the year-I cant wait :kickass:

final state part 3 is the only good song by them, but hot damn is it sveet.

Don't know how many of you have listened to this band, but it's one of Christian Älvestam's bands, the Scar Symmetry vocalist. I fucking love them and have Firefest9 to thank for getting me into this band. I highly advise you guys to check out their 2nd album Kingdoms of Greed, a lot of the songs really reminds me Hypocrisy between The Abducted era through Into the Abyss.

Their first album I don't like as much as these other 2, Cimmerian, the vocals are too weird.

Then their newest album from 2003, Indefinite Soul Extension is really great, but this one doesn't remind me of Hypocrisy, this is where Unmoored came into their own sound I think.

Yep...got Indefinite Soul Extension when it first came out...absolutely fantastic album...still don't get bored listening to it. Great production too. :headbang: