Unofficial "Fan Mail" Thread!

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
There seems to be no direct address for sending your stuff to the band, and this forum is maybe a better place to get involved in the whole fan-zine than posting messages on FB that will never be read by anyone, so we thought about having a thread for "fan mail" up in the stickies where fans can post all their pictures and videos and awesome stories and crazy love letters and all those come to Serbia/India/Jamaica wishes which are pretty frequent. So keep the stuff rolling and share your wildest Bodom-related shit in here, pics, stories, memories, wet dreams about the band members, etc. Not sure if this has potential for stickies since it's been pretty quiet lately, but let's see what happens. Some personal memories and experiences about COB would be interesting to get shared. A lot of lunatics out there, so at least for laughs.

As funny as the idea of this thread might be, this is probably the only place where an average fan's comments are possibly seen by at least someone in the band, as none of them have a facebook-account(?), and the official one probably gets five million messages per day, so obviously no-one's gonna see anything written in there.

only place where an average fan's comments are possibly seen by at least someone in the band

And the thing is it's difficult for COB to separate hardcore fans from regular "diggers" in Facebook where they're so easily accessed and commented. In my opinion the more serious fans at least care to search for this official message board.

It's quite apparent they don't want their FB profiles made known, if they really have any. Just easier to put the stuff on the forum where it belongs. At least Janne has stated he needs to have several fake Janne FB profiles removed weekly and it's obviously not funny when some of them have a real childhood friend of Janne's as FB friend and they think it's the real Janne... but yeah fuck FB.

Is it just me or do you sense a lack of girl COB fans since RRF came out?

Obviously Everytime I Die is the girl-favourite and it's been a long time...

^ Yeah it's mostly teenage boys now. Was at the show on Friday, the audience was full of annoying kids who thought WIWI was the best song on the set. They also played pop-rock for "filler music" before CoB came on stage.

Were there a lot of girl-fans for CoB in the first place?

Hmm, but aren't there more metalhead chicks in Europe in general, anyway?

I don't know about rest of the Europe, but we got quite a lot of them here in Finland, though they are all hiding somewhere. "Normally" I don't think I've ever seen a metal-chick on the streets with a shirt more obscure than COB/Dimmu Borgir/COF etc. but in HOA this weekend I saw a shitload of girls with bullet belts and Sargeist-shirts :yow: Of course most of them came from other cities/countries, but still. You'd think they don't even exist.

I'm not so sure. Maybe. I see tons of them on every concert. I don't know how this would be for the states.

I don't know about rest of the Europe, but we got quite a lot of them here in Finland, though they are all hiding somewhere. "Normally" I don't think I've ever seen a metal-chick on the streets with a shirt more obscure than COB/Dimmu Borgir/COF etc. but in HOA this weekend I saw a shitload of girls with bullet belts and Sargeist-shirts :yow: Of course most of them came from other cities/countries, but still. You'd think they don't even exist.

Make your move, man :lol:

I haven't seen too many other girls at COB concerts this tour. I went to Atlanta and was pretty much one out of maybe 10. In Orlando there were quite a few more but they were filming a video at that date so go figure.

That's Henkka http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=699924357 The one you put there its from his bro.

And Jaska also have but he uses another name and I can't find the link now.
Btw I think he has a fake of himself to chat and share with everyone and blablabla

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001602317316&ref=hpbday

I think they're all fakes somethimes. :p

I think what collectively explains the decrease in girl fan numbers (using this forum for reference point) is the fact Alexi looks older now - they are there mostly for Alexi after all - and the fact their music is less atmospheric / less appealing to girls.

I wish COB would make a passionate, atmospheric album once more. Maybe it's all in the past; nothing lasts forever.