unofficial TSE X40 testing (one-channel ampsim)

updated the 32-bit version, there was a rounding error in the 32-bit compiler causing division by zero.. sorry for not testing both version properly (I'm testing mostly with the 64-bit version because it seems like it's more sensitive to errors in general)... I'm gonna take care of the popping sound when opening the plugin/changing quality later on..

Your TSE 808 is the best plugin overdrive ever :hotjump:
More sustain, more definition, more gain, more...more !

I will try this amp soon ;)

Thanks for those amazingly sounding plugins :wave:

Gave it a try. Just a quick drum and guitar mix

Last edited by a moderator:
shitty recording with shitty equipment monitored through shitty headphones.
I actually mean shitty, 30€ Thomann interface, 20€ Behringer headphones and a fucked up guitar
with old ass strings and a Gibson Neck humbucker in the bridge because it was the only stuff I
had lying around, besides that, the Bass is actually nice, X40, too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73276802/x40test.mp3

Nice guitar tone man !

I've lost my jaw! Love it!!!
I was trying to revive EZDrummer and made one patch inside Superior drummer and remembered I wanted to try X40. So I found best project into my library FEARED track. So there is test mix with EZDrummer and X40 TEST
EDIT: BTW I was using TSE808 before X40. If need to know something from other stuff ask away.

Hmm. seems 64x version kinda laggy at least on FL Studio. It crashed FL when I opened plugin while it played, but 32x version worked nice.

In my opinion, definitely your best ampsim so far.
The 'dirt' value goes a bit too high imo, I wouldn't know why anyone would like to put it as high as two o clock, maybe you could lower the amount so that you can fine tune it better, like have a wider range of turning the knob, I like the edge of where the dirt 'comes in' around 10 o clock.
It would be nice if the value of 9 o clock till eleven o clock has a wider range to fine tune it some more.

EQ is quite nice, I actually don't know anything about amp sim programming and all, but are you able to let the mid knob cover a wider range(Q?) and the high a little less maybe? I'm just wondering how that would sound, since the 'high' sounds a bit like it brings up some high mid as well.
Maybe I'm totally wrong, just my thoughts.
Great work so far!