Unreal Tournament 2004 RETAIL!!!!

Honestly I haven't noticed a difference between online and solo play, the graphics runs extremely smooth either way. :)

SunlapseVertigo said:
are you so sure about that? i have everything set to max on my super specs comp and it runs awesome.... the graphics are one of the best parts of this game.
I run at 1600x1200 with all details maxed out... I wish I could move the fog back even farther... It runs smooth as butter. One of the best looking games ever.

I'm certainly getting better than 60fps.. anything more would be useless...

Why anyone would run the lowest settings on it if it plays just fine is beyond me.

Nope, the reason I want the fog back farther is so that if you're in teh blue base on the turret, you would actually be able to see the central tower peak and shoot people off... :lol:

With the resolution set to 1600x1200 it's easier to spot snipers off in the distance BEFORE they get that first shot off.

Hackers wil have some method of key-stealing, if they haven't written a program already. Key banning won't keep hackers out of the game, it'll likely just cause inconvenience for legitemate users who have had keys stolen, as it always has done before.

Gahhhhhhhhhh I just bought the thing but I'm waiting til tommorow to install it, I'm tired and cant be bothered at the moment :p Looking forward to start kicking some ass though!

xenophobe said:
Nope, the reason I want the fog back farther is so that if you're in teh blue base on the turret, you would actually be able to see the central tower peak and shoot people off... :lol:

With the resolution set to 1600x1200 it's easier to spot snipers off in the distance BEFORE they get that first shot off.
exactly. clearer and sharper vision helps a lot in the game.

Does it make no sense to set resolution to 1600x1200 in game if you dont use it as your normal screen res?

I'm still kinda confused on the whole idea behind resolution. I can get up to 1600x1200 but everything looks insanely small on my screen.

You get used to high resolution on the desktop.....and it *definately* is a good thing when it comes to browsing. =) You just can't beat that extra space for seeing everything a page has to offer!

w00t! I got it!

So yeah, the only problem is i've had to drop it to exceedingly low resolution etc., otherwise levels take absoluetely forever to load, even if they are fine once they've loaded.

Anyway, i've had a few bouts of DM, but i'm not going to attempt Onslaught or Assault till tommorow, cause i've got an inkling feeling i'll get hooked, and i've got piles of paperwork to do for tommorow :(

t4nith dude, go into your options screens and make sure 'preload player skins' is unchecked/off. this is, by default, turned-on in the settings and if you have less than 1Gb of ram, it will adversely affect loading times. unchecking it will cut a couple minutes off of your loading times, and have a minimal impact on performance in-game. it's a pretty crazy feature to have defaulted on.

SculptedCold said:
t4nith dude, go into your options screens and make sure 'preload player skins' is unchecked/off. this is, by default, turned-on in the settings and if you have less than 1Gb of ram, it will adversely affect loading times. unchecking it will cut a couple minutes off of your loading times, and have a minimal impact on performance in-game. it's a pretty crazy feature to have defaulted on.
Dude, thats helped alot. Cheers matey!

YES! I hated that. When a new game loaded shit would already be going on and nodes would already be taken over before I was even off running.. I just thought it was my 512mb of ram :D

Hell yes...I hated that fucking load time lol

Pah, all your poxy systems with 512mb of RAM :D

*pats his gb*

About the details thing: You're a big silly if you can run on high details and don't. Despite the fast pace, I always notice how purdy everything looks with 6xAA, 16xAF and max details :)