Upcoming Australian Gigs/Tours by INTERNATIONAL Artists

It is official Faith No More are headlining Soundwave. Can someone post the flyer...I'm at work.....
I think there's to be a second announcement too.....

SW10-ANNOUNCEMENT-090813.jpg

VERY excited about Jane's Addiction playing Soundwave. Was so shattered when they cancelled their oz tour 1 week beforehand... Plus Meshuggah & ISIS being part of Soundwave as well! Two of my favourites. I'll be at the festival and hopefully some sideshows too.

Wanting to buy some type of huge touring metal festival that doesn't have a shit ton of crap bands that go along with it -_-.

SCREAMFEST SIDESHOWS

Just Say Rock are proud to announce METAL MONTH sponsored by the inaugural Screamfest Festival Australia. Due to overwhelming popular demand and an exceptional response to the recent Screamfest festival announcement, Just Say Rock will be bringing a selection of the finest acts to venues around Australia. In addition to the premier two day event being held in Sydney over New Years' Eve and New Years Day, METAL MONTH will see select bands performing in other capitol cities.

Starting in Melbourne on Sunday the 3rd of January and finishing up in Perth on the 8th, a variety of the world's most revered metal acts will tour the country. A range of heavy metal genres will be showcased by an exciting array of some of the worlds leading international artists including Cynic, Dark Funeral, Destruction, Edguy, Ensiferum, Rotting Christ, Sonata Arctica and Spawn of Possession. Additional support will come from Australia's finest in Black Majesty, Vanishing Point And Synperium.

You asked for it Australia and Just Say Rock have listened – get ready for the greatest summer of Metal this country has ever seen!!

METAL MONTH 2010!!!

Tickets for all Metal Month shows are priced at $66.60 plus GST and shipping costs.

METAL MONTH AFTER PARTIES FOR MELBOURNE

Don't want to go home straight after the gig? Would you rather keep on rocking into the night? Well join us at our Melbourne after show parties! Each night we have a limited number of after show passes on offer.

When buying your ticket you can choose to pay an extra ten dollars to come along to the after show party, but be quick - numbers are strictly limited to 100 tickets per night. After show party tickets are only available at Just Say Rock.

METAL MONTH 4 SHOW DEAL (FOR MELBOURNE)

If you are planning to attend shows in Melbourne why not purchase our METAL MONTH 4 SHOW DEAL. By buying tickets to all four Melbourne shows, you will receive a METAL MONTH value pack, valued at over $200. The pack includes a T-Shirt, posters signed by the bands, entry to all four after show parties and a $30 drink card, that can be used over the four nights at Jane's Bar located inside the Billboard venue.

MELBOURNE

Sunday 3rd Jan - Billboard The Venue
EDGUY ~ CYNIC ~ BLACK MAJESTY

Monday 4th Jan - Billboard The Venue
DARK FUNERAL ~ ROTTING CHRIST

Tuesday 5th Jan - Hi-Fi Billboard The Venue
SONATA ARCTICA ~ ENSIFERUM ~ VANISHING POINT

Wednesday 6th Jan - Billboard The Venue
DESTRUCTION ~ SPAWN OF POSSESSION ~ SYNPERIUM

BRISBANE

Sunday 3rd Jan - Hi Fi Brisbane
SONATA ARCTICA ~ ENSIFERUM ~ VANISHING POINT

Tuesday 5th Jan - Hi-Fi Brisbane
DESTRUCTION ~ ROTTING CHRIST

ADELAIDE

Tuesday 5th Jan - Fowlers Live (All Ages)
EDGUY ~ CYNIC ~ BLACK MAJESTY

PERTH

Thursday 7th Jan - Capitol
EDGUY ~ CYNIC ~ ENSIFERUM

Friday 8th Jan - Capitol
DESTRUCTION ~ DESTROYER 666

HOBART

Friday 8th Jan - Brisbane Hotel (Under 18)
SPAWN OF POSSESION TOUR ~ SYNPERIUM

Saturday 9th Jan - Brisbane Hotel (Over 18)
SPAWN OF POSSESION TOUR ~ SYNPERIUM

ALL TICKETS AT JUSTSAYROCK.COM

Ticket Hotline and Enquiries(03) 85817639

Meh @ Dream Theater touring again. Met them, got Petrucci's pick, seen an awesome set list, probs won't taint that memory.
Awesome @ Soundwave 2010. Not many bands I'm over the moon about, but a ton of bands I'd go and see in my spare time. Not ones I'd specifically go out and spend money on.
Lol @ Brisbane getting shafted with sideshows yet again. Oh well. Still going to Screamfest so.

How can Soundwave have so many bands that I don't want to see? It'll end up being mega expensive for maybe one or two bands. HIM is one of my favourite bands and I'll probably go when they play, but I feel pretty empty when looking at 98% of the rest of the line-up.

As for Dark Funeral/Rotting Christ, there's no way I'm missing this. I saw RC in France and they are amazing. As for Dark Funeral, I'm a big fan with most of their albums on original disk and am very interested in seeing them live. I'll also go and see Sonata Arctica and Ensiferum, although I saw the former in France and the latter in London, but I really want to see Ensiferum again. Cynic I also saw in London and won't bother with again.

As for Dark Funeral/Rotting Christ, there's no way I'm missing this.

Agreed, Rotting Christ being a band I've listened to for a long time...

...and Cynic I'll see also... I'd like to see Ensiferum but the whole folk/viking metal thing is starting to take its toll on me due to saturation...we'll see.

Amon Amarth tour

TOUR DATES
Perth
Capitol -- Tuesday 24th November

Brisbane
Hi Fi Brisbane -- Thursday 26th November

Melbourne
Billboard The Venue -- Friday 27th November

Sydney
Metro -- Saturday 28th November

LINEUP BY CITY (WITH SUPPORTS)
Perth, 24th Nov – Amon Amarth, Eye Of The Enemy (tbc), Mhorgl
Brisbane, 26th Nov – Amon Amarth, Eye Of The Enemy, Phalanx
Melbourne, 27th Nov – Amon Amarth, Eye Of The Enemy, Orpheus
Sydney, 28th Nov – Amon Amarth, Eye Of The Enemy, Bane Of Isildur

Amon Amarth After Parties....
In addition to the show, Just Say Rock are pleased to announce that an after party will be held in Melbourne at Billboard The Venue. If you're not quite ready to head home, for an extra $10 you can stay behind at the bar, meet with fellow fans and keep on rocking!

Apparently the bands they got this year were much more expensive than last year, which is why there are also less bands. Quality over quantity I suppose.

In other news:

Obituary
AUSTRALIAN HEADLINE TOUR – NOVEMBER 2009

Upon switching their name from Xecutioner to Obituary, the career of one of the most successful and influential death metal bands began.

Following on from a career spanning 20+ years and 7 crushing studio albums, Obituary are back with their newest offering, Darkest Day. Signature in every way, Darkest Day shows that this band truly gets better with age and these Tampa legends are here to prove that their work ethic and credo continues un-wavered, unmatched and truly inspirational!

A truly influential band who have pioneered the genre, Obituary are returning to Australia for a headline tour this November.

Featuring a full touring line up consisting of metal legends John Tardy (Vocals), Donald Tardy (Drums), Trevor Peres (Lead Guitar), Ralph Santolla (Rhythm Guitar) and Frank Watkins (Bass), Obituary will be playing tracks from Darkest Day as well as highlights from their celebrated back catalogue.

Supports announced in the coming weeks.

Tickets on Sale Monday 31st August!
Wed 18th November – The Hi Fi, Brisbane (18+)
125 Boundary St, West End. Doors @ 7:30pm.
Tickets on sale Monday 31st August from www.stomp.com.au, www.thehifi.com.au, 1300-THEHIFI (1300-8434434) & Oztix Outlets (Rocking Horse Records, Kill the Music, Butter Beats, Gooble Warming, Moshpit Music Maroochydore, Sunflower Music Pacific Fair)

Thurs 19th November – The Corner Hotel, Melbourne (18+)
57 Swan St, Richmond. Doors @ 8:00pm.
Tickets on sale Monday 31st August from www.stomp.com.au, The Corner Box Office (03) 9427 9198, www.cornerhotel.com & Missing Link (03) 9670 8208

Fri 20th November - Manning Bar, Sydney (18+)
Level 2 Manning House, University of Sydney. Doors @ 8:00pm.
Tickets on sale Monday 31st August from www.stomp.com.au, Ticketek Outlets, www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849, Moshtix Outlets, www.moshtix.com.au or 1300 438 849, Oztix Outlets, www.oztix.com.au or 1300 762 545 & Manning Bar, www.manningbar.com or 1300 762 545

Sat 21st November – The Gov, Adelaide (18+)
59 Port Rd, Hindmarsh. Doors @ 7:30pm.
Tickets on sale Monday 31st August from www.stomp.com.au, Venuetix Outlets, www.venuetix.com.au or (08) 8225 8888 & Moshtix Outlets, www.moshtix.com.au or 1300 438 849

Sun 22nd November – Amplifier Bar, Perth (18+)
383-393 Murray St Perth. Doors @ 8:00pm.
Tickets on sale Monday 31st August from www.stomp.com.au, Moshtix Outlets, www.moshtix.com.au or 1300 438 849

Eh... I feel that the last two years have been better, Quality wise.
But meh.
I'll still probably fork out and go.
Couldn't care less about AA or Obituary haha.

BLEED RECORDS , CONSPIRE DESTROY , GOAT SOUND & RELAPSE RECORDS PROUDLY
PRESENTS

BRUTAL TRUTH ( USA )

BRUTAL TRUTH the pioneers, formed by Dan Lilker Ex Anthrax , SOD , Nuclear Assault helped fuse the hardcore and death metal genres.

And After 10 years plus Legendary Grind Core trailblazers BRUTAL TRUTH finally return to Australia with Evolution through Revolution on Relapse Records , Delivering yet another pure and vital hybrid of ear-shredding extremity.

Simply stated Evolution through Revolution is BRUTAL TRUTH at the height of its powers & it has to be witnessed !

TOUR DATES :

SAT 19TH DECEMBER – THE HI FI – BRISBANE www.thehifi.com.au Ph: 1300 249 4494 & Rocking Horse
w/ BLOOD DUSTER , CAPTAIN CLEANOFF

SUN 20TH DECEMBER – THE HI FI – MELBOURNE www.thehifi.com.au Ph: 1300 249 4494 & Polyester Records
w/ BLOOD DUSTER , CAPTAIN CLEANOFF , F**K IM DEAD & INSIDIOUS
TORTURE

MON 21ST DECEMBER – MANNING BAR – SYDNEY www.moshtix.com.au
w/ BLOOD DUSTER , CAPTAIN CLEANOFF , EBOLIE & BEYOND TERROR BEYOND
GRACE

www.brutaltruth.com

OPETH AUSTRALIAN TOUR

In a metal world starved for integrity, intelligence and beauty, Opeth shine like a beacon through dark clouds. They are artistic visionaries and their transcendent live shows have gone down in music folklore.

Combining towering blasts of blackened death metal with the intricacy of 1970s prog rock and the more subtle, gentle beauty of folk, Opeth continue to create epic and iconic music; inventing and reinventing the rules as they go along.

No wonder the metal world stops whatever it’s doing and pauses with bated breath each time the band announce an album or tour. In just over a decade and across nine studio albums, they have become the standard bearer for modern metal.

Opeth have reinforced their hold on the mantle of the most innovative, creative and revered heavy artist of recent times with the release of 'Watershed'. These Swedes continue to venture where others couldn't fathom and have returned with a treasure trove of songs that makes most so-called sonic adventurists seem positively one-dimensional. ‘Watershed’ picks up where 2005’s flawless ‘Ghost Reveries’ left off, beginning contemplatively before erupting into full-bore chaos…”it defies all expectations and moves in completely new and wholly unexpected direction”- Metal Underground

Tickets for Opeth’s upcoming Australian November tour will not last long.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 2 OCTOBER

SUNDAY 22 NOVEMBER BRISBANE, THE TIVOLI – 18+
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849, Rockinghorse and Kill The Music

MONDAY 23 NOVEMBER SYDNEY, ENMORE THEATRE – Lic A/A
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849, Enmore Theatre Box Office 02 9550 3666 & Utopia

WEDNESDAY 25 NOVEMBER MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE – 18+
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

PAIN OF SALVATION has been confirmed as DREAM THEATER's Special Guests for their 2009 Australian Tour!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 Brisbane Convention Centre

Sat Dec 05, 2009 Sydney Hordern Pavilion

Mon Dec 07, 2009 Melbourne Palais Theatre

Tue Dec 08, 2009 Melbourne Palais Theatre

Wed Dec 09, 2009 Adelaide Thebarton Theatre

Sat Dec 12, 2009 Perth Metro City

FUCK YEAH!!! DEFINITELY GETTING TICKETS TO THE SECOND SHOW!!