Upcoming Opeth tour...Devin Townsend and Dark Tranquility opening?

Austin4

TurdLap
Apr 21, 2003
MPLS, MN
futuresperfect.com
Anyone else heard about this? I missed Opeth during the previous tour of GR and I sure would love to see them again soon. So if they're touring the states againl, then I'm a happy guy!

Yet another disappointing Opeth bill.

I'm not psyched about either of these bands. I've seen Dark Tranquility before, and they're actually the best band Opeth's had with them in America. Still, can't they get a fucking black metal band?

This isn't fair!

They've just been to Britain and oh who did they have supporting them? Oh Joy! Burst! Fuck Burst I want to see them with Dark-motherfucking-Tranquillity!

Bitter?

Just fucking slightly!

I wonder if its possible that this would cover the Australasian dates
Heh... you beat me to it. I've wanted to catch Devin for the last 3 years but haven't been able to. He'd be great to join in with the guys & would give me even more reason to go and see at least 2 of their shows when they come out in April.

I had heard rumours of DTB opening, which was good enough as is, but Dark Tranquillity too? Another awsome lineup for Opeth. I'm almost more excited about this tour than the last. and STILL free of the roadrunner backwash that tags along to every somewhat related show... Like the In Flames show the night before.

It would be great to have a bm band open for Opeth (would make the most sense for the band too), but who would, or could do it here in the states? In Europe they get Withering Surface (not quite bm but works in comparison) and we get Paradise Lost (both in 03). All I can say is thank god Trivium isn't tagging along, haha! Cheers!

JoeVice said:
although a thread already existed...you definetely have a better thread title.
Yeah after I made it I realized I should've made the title something a little more appealing since hardly anyone replied to it. Either way amazing news. Dark Tranquillity and Opeth are two of my favourite bands so it shall be amazing.

Either way guys.... and nothing against my own country's metal scene, but PLEASE bring an international with you such as Devin, or Dark Tranquility or Dream Theatre (yeah right, the dream goes on lol) with you.. tho I know it probably won't happen, I will for the first and only time speak for Australia metal heads and tell you if this happens rather than 1 decent aussie support and a 1 shit one comes with you..... your gig will go a million times better. This is only a post on a forum, but if you want to Mike, ask the aussie fans what they want. They will back this up :)

Powers said:
This isn't fair!

They've just been to Britain and oh who did they have supporting them? Oh Joy! Burst! Fuck Burst I want to see them with Dark-motherfucking-Tranquillity!

Bitter?

Just fucking slightly!

I may get flamed for this, but...

Burst > Dark Tranquility

Or at least, I think Origo is a better album than Character...

Another thing about this tour...are Opeth doing it to promote anything? Any word on that? 2002-Deliverance, 2003- Damnation, 2004- Lamentations, 2005- Ghost Reveries, 2006-?. Perhaps the audio version of Lamentations? I heard that they were supposed to release that on cd. I'd love to see another dvd with stuff other than Damnation/BWP/and Deliverance.