Upcoming releases

Wait, I haven't posted the new Wilderun track here? Silly me. Throwing Enslaved, Wintersun and Turisas into a blender can produce a pretty awesome result.

Very nice!
Thumbs_up.gif

Children of Bodom have covered Black Winter Day, it will be a bonus track on their upcoming album. I have a hard time imagining how that would sound like.

According to ICS Vortex and Øystein Brun, Borknagar's latest is complete. Øystein says that it is similar in feel to Urd, but with elements of The Olden Domain slipping into the mix (I'm guessing that the guest vocals from Garm are the likely culprit here). Jens Bogren is again on board to mix this one.

My interest is piqued, to say the least.

I love Urd and I'm very much looking forward to the new one. So many great releases this year already, but of course there's always room for one more. Except that I really need to start planning a shelf extension...

Enshine - Singularity: a further refinement of the sound he developed on the debut.

Also music forthcoming from The Nighttime Project (Fredrik Norrman from Katatonia/October Tide and Tobias Netzell from In Mourning/ex October Tide).

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree they can do better, but I presume they will do so on the album. Choosing a boring track as the first single is common practice with oh so many labels... Anyway I'm looking forward to their new stuff, even though it's probably impossible to top Beyond.

The sophomore album by Pressure Points is streaming in full right now at KaaosZine. Tracks 3-5 in particular are pretty fucking good prog metal, and the rest I definitely wouldn't call bad either. Quite a few familiar influences can be spotted but it's all good taste. The thing will release on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator: