Upcoming releases

Anyone heard the new Wolfheart? Supposedly it's up there for AOTY. As much as I love Winterborn and as much as I'm sure the new one is good, I don't see how anything will top Alkaloid for the year's best.

More great music coming in addition to the Borknagar. Team Rock is streaming the first track from Skuggsjá, the collaborative project composed by Einar Selvik of Wardruna and Ivar Bjørnson of Enslaved.

Holy fuck! That's two albums preordered.

And now Peaceville is telling me that Novembre is going to release a new album soon as well -- their first since The Blue was released way back in 2007. The Blue had some good music on it, so I'm definitely going to be keeping an ear out for this one as well, though no preorder yet. Here's a taste of their last album to give you an idea of what the new one might sound like:

Reactions: requiem
And now Peaceville is telling me that Novembre is going to release a new album soon as well -- their first since The Blue was released way back in 2007. The Blue had some good music on it, so I'm definitely going to be keeping an ear out for this one as well, though no preorder yet. Here's a taste of their last album to give you an idea of what the new one might sound like:

I love Novembre, they're one of my favourite bands, although I thought 'The Blue' wasn't produced all that well. It sounds a strange. But yeah, I'm very excited about hearing a new album after all these years. Can't wait!

Here's a rather highly anticipated release. Drops on June 24th.

belekoralbummarch.jpg

Reactions: tuonelan
New Kamara streaming now on Imperiumi, coinciding with a 1 1/2 page in Helsingin Sanomat today which was about Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani but pointed out that singing in Finnish is still the exception among domestic metal bands. Well, here is one that does, but I've been wondering myself why there's still comparatively few of them. Although I do pledge guilty to the widespread habit of generally paying more attention to the music than the lyrics.

Turns out Kamara originally went by the name Lumessakahlaajat, before renaming themselves to this. Sounds surprisingly good actually, I checked out the music video earlier and that song is pretty bland compared to the rest.

There have been bands singing in Finnish on a pretty steady pace since the early 2000's boom. English is still the dominant language, but I wouldn't say the difference is huge.

EDIT: Actually, Varjokansa isn't that bad either in context. I just didn't connect the guitars backing the verse into black metal before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eurynome
Surprised no one has mentioned this here yet. New Barren Earth coming out this year. That's the good news.

The bad news is that Kasper Mårtenson has decided to move on and BE has a new keyboardist. I'm sure the new one will be good, but how I will miss Kasper's studio diaries (and, quite possibly, his epic prog solos).