Upcoming shows (Update: 19/05/2012)

Nygård

Warlord
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
CONFIRMED GIGS

21.07.2012 - FIN - Hämeenlinna - Wanaja Festival
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RUMORS (not yet confirmed by the band)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-edited by Cari-

Okay folks,

To keep some sense on this board, please try to use this thread for discussing upcoming shows in general only. If you want to talk about some specified show, use the existing threads (linked from here) on the board, or make a new one if there isn't one yet.

Lithium said:
Please.........Come to the Netherlands or Belgium!!!!!111111

We played both last summer. Where were you?

Turisas FAQ said:
WHEN WILL YOU PLAY IN [INSERT TOWN/COUNTRY HERE]?

The common misconception is that bands have much influece over where they play. Most of it is up to the concert organizers, promoters and booking agencies who are the people responsible for making things happen. If you want to see Turisas live in your home-town or country, you should start out by contacting your local concert organizers and convincing them that there is enough demand for a Turisas live-show in your area. Nobody wants to organize a show nobody would attend. If there is enough people asking for a concert, something could or will eventually happen.

All upcoming gigs will be posted on this site ammediately when confirmed, so keep on coming by and checking out the upcoming tourdates box on the main page for the latest info. If your town or county is not mentioned on our site it means that unfortunately there are no plans on playing there at this stage.

No more "please come to play in Ouagadougou or any place in Burkina Faso" in this thread thank you. If you want us - make sure the promoters/agencies/venues/festivals in your country are aware of that.

No more "please come to play in Ouagadougou or any place in Burkina Faso" in this thread thank you. If you want us - make sure the promoters/agencies/venues/festivals in your country are aware of that.

im complete agreement! asking a band to play somewhere is pointless as 99% it is out of their hands! contact promoters and have your friends contact them to let them know there is a crowd, or do what i did, no bands came my way so i became a promoter! :kickass:

Yea I know.....Hey good point ''where were you'' but still...I didn't know Turisas then. And I completely understand the ''please come play here...'' thing, but I'm kinda desperate. I really hope Graspop can get their hands on them :)

I just saw on blabbermouth.net that you are going on tour with tristania and some other bands in europe in september. Also swiss date included. Is that true? It would be cool to see you again in switzerland! If it's true, do you plan to have the new record finished 'till then?

message from blabbermouth:
Norwegian symphonic metal band TRISTANIA will be support by MACHINE MEN, TURISAS, DERANGED and MORGANA LEFAY on their upcoming European headlining tour, which is scheduled to kick off in early September.

Sep. 10 - Paris, FRA @ TBA
Sep. 11 - Essen, GER @ TBA
Sep. 12 - Berlin, GER @ TBA
Sep. 13 - Hamburg, GER @ TBA
Sep. 14 - Erfurt, GER @ TBA
Sep. 15 - Leipzig, GER @ TBA
Sep. 16 - Prague, CZR @ TBA
Sep. 17 - Wien, AUT @ TBA
Sep. 18 - Munich, GER @ TBA
Sep. 19 - Pratteln, SWI @ TBA
Sep. 20 - Ludwigsburg, GER @ TBA
Sep. 21 - Frankfurt, GER @ TBA
Sep. 22 - Strasbourg, FRA @ TBA
Sep. 23 - Antwerpen, BEL @ TBA
Sep. 24 - Hardenberg, NETH @ TBA

stanger said:
I just saw on blabbermouth.net that you are going on tour with tristania and some other bands in europe in september. Also swiss date included. Is that true? It would be cool to see you again in switzerland! If it's true, do you plan to have the new record finished 'till then?

This tour is still under negotiation for our part. The new album will most likely not be out by then.

Nygård said:
Mainly because it was crap ;)

lol, you made the right decision, that tour was looking crap.

Thanks for coming to the UK guys, we usually get missed out on these big tours that span europe, so it's great to know bands such as Turisas still like us over here :)

what would be the fun in that?, :p, part of our 'special' brand of fun is to follow you guys to obscure countries with their weird languages, which we proceed to butcher with our drunken disillusional belief that we can indeed speak, said weird language.

and of course it expands our cultural knowledge.....by which i mean, we get to sample whole new brands of beer and ale, :O....which i hear is vital to survival and im not going to question THAT theory, XD

-e
xx

lmao*shakes head*
my point being, in short, if you guys managed travel EVERYWHERE we wanted you to, we would no longer be forced to travel to say....germany to see you. which would suck since there are few reasons better to randomly travel to germany on a whim than the urge to go see a band perform. *nods*

its abit too easy if a bands shows up, practically on your doors step.

-e
xx

Your attitude is cool, but the example was referring to people asking us to play here and there, even if we don't have much influence on such decisions. Ouagadougou was just an example instead of writing "location XXX", because Burkina Faso has got the coolest city names in the world.

Anyway, I'm expecting you to be in the front row then WHEN we do a Burkina Faso -tour consisting of the following cities:

dd.mm.yyyy Dédougou
dd.mm.yyyy Ouahigoya
dd.mm.yyyy Koudougou
dd.mm.yyyy Tenkodogo
dd.mm.yyyy Fada-Ngourma
dd.mm.yyyy Bobo-Dioulasso
dd.mm.yyyy Ouagadoudou

:headbang:

sounds awesome, but it would be pretty dependant on when the tour was to be fair. As long as its not this year, then its all good(already tapped out and booked up with gigs and festivals this year, i think one more and i might not make it, XD).
considering how close all those places are to eachother though, if it was for next year i'd be somewhere amidst the front on all of the dates, same with bloodstock in a few months, and with london the other day*nods*.
:headbang:

-e
xx