Update!!! ^_^

Lord_AgathoN said:
It seems that iam the only one that is somehow pissed to be a cashcow?! I mean come on......i will buy it for the dvd and dont listen to the cds cause i have every Katatonia album?! Every other band doing this has to face the fact that they will be called comercial a**holes....
i will take a minute to educate u for the future, because i dont appreciate these kind of bullshit. it's not the band who release these compilations; its the label! so all that "commercial a**holes" quote about the band belong up your very last cuss word, comprende?!? the label would have released this with or without our input, so i felt it would be better to get involved and get this done properly. if i wouldn't have been involved and put effort into this, the package/artwork/tracklist would have been way way worse. the bottomline is a fact: if u dont like this release, dont buy it. feel even free to download the stuff u miss from the web and be done with it. so simple.

Lord_AgathoN said:
It seems that iam the only one that is somehow pissed to be a cashcow?! I mean come on......i will buy it for the dvd and dont listen to the cds cause i have every Katatonia album?! Every other band doing this has to face the fact that they will be called comercial a**holes....
I'm curious, why exactly are you posting here? If you are uninterested in purchasing this, then you can easily not purchase it. To come on any bands official forum and whine about why you feel a band is being 'commercial' by releasing a retrospect album and bonus DVD, covering a very important part of their career, is beyond me. Contrary to popular belief, underground bands don't make much money, if they make any money at all. Infact many of us go into debt doing this thing we love.

So please, be a bit more aware of what you're talking about before insulting a bands integrity.

*scratch head*
Oh I forgot one thing... one really cool thing... if I have that compilation I don't have to carry all CDs with me when I'm travelling around [and I'm too confused to make my own compilation because I can't decide which songs to put on]... that is one reason why I bought Brave Yester Days... this is really practically ^^

@Jinn : I did.......but in fact BYD had some songs on it that i dont own (like most "normal" collectors).........

@jesse: Being fan of a band and loving there music does not mean to agree with everything they do? But you care....and you disagree......just because this band is meaning something to you.

@Blakkheim: Ok i appologize ´bout that. It was in no way meant to offend you and the band and Iam suprised that you are reacting so emotional cause i did not expected that. Seems that i picked the wrong words...so I try to explain myself.....
The truth is that iam just a little bit sad that these dvd isnt released without the Compilation (like it was anounced once, i think). Like I said I will buy it anyway, cause of the dvd :) but the cds will eat dusk without beeing touched for more then like 5 times. Also I pretty much fear that the dvd will somewhat be of a low quality and not be comparable to the Lamentations dvd (plz tell me that iam wrong) cause of the fact that its like a goodie on top of the package and not the product itself. I was waiting so long to have a concert of Katatonia at home(since the first rumors of a dvd here on the board) that i can watch when ever i want, that this would truly disappoint me.
Back to the label: I didnt knew that. I thought it´s YOUR decision what you are releasing and not THERE´s. As far as i (thought i) knew a deal with a recordlabel is made over an amout of lps over an amout of time? So the label can release a best of, of your music when ever they want? That is suprising........but you will know it better than i do. Its just that so many bands (or i should now better say what i learned.....their labels) are releasing best-of-compilation and everytime its truly visible what they intent with it. BYD was nice from a point of view because Katatonia has changed really much since the releases that are covered on that compilation.
So alot of "new-era" fans could get a good look at what katatonia was in the old days. But with the new compilation i cant see that point (but okay thats my problem)
Anyway...one more time: Iam sorry ;-) please dont be angry with me :worship:

Got mine pre-ordered! :headbang:

Just curious though, according to amazon.co.uk (I know they're not always the most reliable company, and I feel like a dork for mentiong it) it's a 2 disc set ... so are there two versions (one with two discs, and the other with both discs +DVD), or is it all just a cock-up from amazon? :loco:

24 pages booklet of Travis Smith work ! :worship:
This is definitely a must-have :kickass:
Katatonia booklets are books for me. I'm spending hours actually to look at them...Am I the only one to do that around here :err: ?

Lord_AgathoN said:
@Jinn : I did.......but in fact BYD had some songs on it that i dont own (like most "normal" collectors).........
then it shall occur to u that, there are maybe other people thinkin the same way about THIS compilation, as u felt with BYD...u might wanna give that a tought.

Lord_AgathoN said:
@Blakkheim: Ok i appologize ´bout that. It was in no way meant to offend you and the band and Iam suprised that you are reacting so emotional cause i did not expected that. Seems that i picked the wrong words...so I try to explain myself.....
The truth is that iam just a little bit sad that these dvd isnt released without the Compilation (like it was anounced once, i think). Like I said I will buy it anyway, cause of the dvd :) but the cds will eat dusk without beeing touched for more then like 5 times. Also I pretty much fear that the dvd will somewhat be of a low quality and not be comparable to the Lamentations dvd (plz tell me that iam wrong) cause of the fact that its like a goodie on top of the package and not the product itself. I was waiting so long to have a concert of Katatonia at home(since the first rumors of a dvd here on the board) that i can watch when ever i want, that this would truly disappoint me.
Yes, the real DVD you're waiting for will STILL be released, and it will be worth the wait cuz we wanna make it the best possible ever. tons of bonus footage, perfect show, lots of interesting interviews etc etc. the reason why its takin a long time to compile it is because we wanna give the best to YOU.

Lord_AgathoN said:
Back to the label: I didnt knew that. I thought it´s YOUR decision what you are releasing and not THERE´s. As far as i (thought i) knew a deal with a recordlabel is made over an amout of lps over an amout of time? So the label can release a best of, of your music when ever they want? That is suprising........but you will know it better than i do. Its just that so many bands (or i should now better say what i learned.....their labels) are releasing best-of-compilation and everytime its truly visible what they intent with it. BYD was nice from a point of view because Katatonia has changed really much since the releases that are covered on that compilation.
So alot of "new-era" fans could get a good look at what katatonia was in the old days. But with the new compilation i cant see that point (but okay thats my problem)
Anyway...one more time: Iam sorry ;-) please dont be angry with me :worship:
yes, the 'best of' album does not count as a studio album option in a contract. all albums released on the label are their property and thats why they do 'best of' albums whenever and how many times they want.

BYD wasn't released entirely for the "new era" fans to get a glimpse into the old days, it was released for ANYONE (old or new fan) missing a release or a number of songs. so on this new compilation there are surely still people missing some singles, or the bonus tracks on the re-issue cd's and here's a chance to get all of them again in one. i decided to put all those tracks on this album for that reason. if the label compiled this album maybe none of those tracks would have been included and it would have ended up with only songs from the main albums, like a standard boring "best of" compilation. the dvd is a bonus on top because the whole box is a collectible item and limited. u either get it, or u dont and everyone is happy with that.

i might add that i'm personally very proud of this release, as i took the time to assemble it and worked closely with travis for it. it's beautiful, i promise.

@the-lull: No you aren't ... sometimes I scan [???] them and print them out to hang them on my wall *g*
And I just finished my painting for the art-lesson ... it's the picture from the VE with the dark dressed person walking down a foggy street with street-lamps ... I draw it a bit different and in colours, but it's still the same person and the same street-lamps ...

BloodySwan said:
@the-lull: No you aren't ... sometimes I scan [???] them and print them out to hang them on my wall *g*
And I just finished my painting for the art-lesson ... it's the picture from the VE with the dark dressed person walking down a foggy street with street-lamps ... I draw it a bit different and in colours, but it's still the same person and the same street-lamps ...

:wave:

Oh, and your painting, you gotta show that !

Think i'll get this. But i'm a little bit disappointed by the fact that the b-sides was "mixed in" with the...um..a-sides. Would be better if on seperate cds i think. But i guess you can't have it all.

I too shall miss the bum.......
As for some of the statements I have read today(I have been out of town) I am really suprised at a few of you. It just seems like if you really like a band you buy their shit. I have everything with acception to the unreleased VIVA track and I would buy it just for the artwork....or better yet just because Katatonia had their hands in this project..it just seems that either SOME of you are whiny bitches.....or just ungrateful jerkholes...I dont know.....jesus christ have some gratitude for the music and the emotion of it all.....and for the work put into this project.....I dont care if Katatonia decided to release it or not....Ill buy it because Katatonia is my favorite band....PERIOD.
And think of the people without much in the way of money....the new fans who want to own all the cds but cant afford them.....they get the opportunity to get all the cds with sweet packaging and a bonus DVD for cheap.......
Quit it with the negative bullshit about this release or Im gonna take over Jinns spot as the asshole on this forum!!!! :wave: