Update from the Mercenary Camp

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
Just found this on Mikkel's Myspace page, figured I'd share it with you folks..

18. August - New Mercenary album progressing
Well first of all the new album is really progressing rapidly.
We are in writing mode and it feels really good to be creative again. I guess I didn´t realize how much I had piled up inside because I find myself writing and writing. Can't comment on any titles or songs yet but I am really exited about everything I have heard so far. It is going to be very nice to have rené in the process as well as he is able to give us the harsh vocals that I couldn't do on The Hours That Remain.

On another note I am starting to look very much forward to playing the next show. I guess I have become quite addicted to doing shows and I feels pretty strange to not play any for 2 or 3 months.

We will start recording the new album in late October and hope for a spring 2008 release but no date has been set yet.

I will make sure to keep you up to date on what's progressing

Until the next time
Take care
Mikkel

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO another gem from Mercenary on the way.
Yea!!!!! Most excellent news!

On another note I am starting to look very much forward to playing the next show. I guess I have become quite addicted to doing shows and I feels pretty strange to not play any for 2 or 3 months.
and I've become quite addicted to watching their shows. :headbang: Seeing them at back to back fests in June/July made it worse. I feel pretty strange w/o seeing the for months. Can't wait for the next one, especially with new songs!!:Smokin:

Yea!!!!! Most excellent news!

and I've become quite addicted to watching their shows. :headbang: Seeing them at back to back fests in June/July made it worse. I feel pretty strange w/o seeing the for months. Can't wait for the next one, especially with new songs!!:Smokin:

And you still need to post your pictures from Tuska! And I can't wait for this new one from them.

I liked The Hours That Remain, but I didn't enjoy it as much as 11 Dreams. I really hope the harsh vocals make a noticeable come back now that René will be in the band. The last album was solid and Mikkel is an excellent vocalist, but it just felt like it was missing something without the vocals Kral provided on their earlier discs.

I liked The Hours That Remain, but I didn't enjoy it as much as 11 Dreams. I really hope the harsh vocals make a noticeable come back now that René will be in the band. The last album was solid and Mikkel is an excellent vocalist, but it just felt like it was missing something without the vocals Kral provided on their earlier discs.

I tend to disagree with that. Don't get me wrong, I love 11 Dreams just as much as THTR, but I think more singing actually added depth to the sound. Either way I'm sure the album is going to destroy, but I was hoping that they'd stick more to THTR kind of sound.

I tend to disagree with that. Don't get me wrong, I love 11 Dreams just as much as THTR, but I think more singing actually added depth to the sound. Either way I'm sure the album is going to destroy, but I was hoping that they'd stick more to THTR kind of sound.

I agree totally, I like the diminshed role of the harsh vocals better on THTR.

I liked THTR .. a LOT. More than Everblack. However, one of the most unique things about Mercenary for me when I got into them was a mixture of the vocal styles really feeding off each other. They worked symmetrically to create a sound that was so in harmony with its parts it just made me fall in love with it.

That said, I welcome the return of the harsh.

+1