Update From The Studio!!!

Yeah really. It makes it actually even more hopeless having a studio progress report then one day abandoning it completely than not having one at all. Since they haven't updated in forever I can only assume something has gone wrong.

There hasn't been an official release date announced yet. Everything that was hinted in the previous updates was simply speculation. Also, the Studio Update page wasn't made so that the band could check in and keep you guys posted every 5 seconds. At that rate, we'd never see an album for another 10 years. :)

There hasn't been an official release date announced yet. Everything that was hinted in the previous updates was simply speculation. Also, the Studio Update page wasn't made so that the band could check in and keep you guys posted every 5 seconds. At that rate, we'd never see an album for another 10 years. :)

Four months are hardly 'every 5 seconds.' Are you some kind of representative of the band, since you speak with such authority?

Are you some kind of representative of the band?

Guess you can say that. ;)

And the point I was trying to make is since they were so busy recording amazing music, they didn't have time for an update. There will be one at the end of the month though!

well thank you, good sir, for letting us know! (whoever you are) i look forward quite eagerly (and as you can tell, so does everyone else) to getting some news. i don't think everyone would be quite so antsy if they didn't anticipate hearing the new cd so very much :zombie:

well thank you, good sir, for letting us know! (whoever you are) i look forward quite eagerly (and as you can tell, so does everyone else) to getting some news. i don't think everyone would be quite so antsy if they didn't anticipate hearing the new cd so very much :zombie:

Word, I'm a HUGE fan of Wintersun as well as Skyfire so I know how it must feel on your end, but you gotta realize at the same time that there are many forces at play here. What I can say for now, is that new music will be posted as soon as the album is mastered (more info on that to come with the next update from the band).

:)

THE Update
27th August 2008
Some good news and some bad...

First, the bad: We expected the recording of this album to take a while, but unfortunately things took longer than we thought. Because we are working with lots of keyboard tracks as well as orchestra and choir samples (this was the big secret we were keeping from everyone, but since things are taking so long it's only fair to let you guys know!), recording this album will obviously take longer than usual. The month of July was especially tedius for us. As a result of the delays, we had to book the mix for next month, so we will hopefully be able to post some new music in October or November. This also means that the album itself will have to be released later than expected. We don't want to make any promises we can't keep, so we will just say that the new album will come out sometime early next year. We know this might come as a disappointment to many, but if you guys were able to wait since 2004, a few extra months should be nothing. =)

Now, the good: Because we are just as sad as you are due to the delays, the band and the label have decided to reveal our amazing new artwork, as well as a cool clip from our recording sessions located at YouTube.com. Check them out! We can also report to you that the music is 100% completed as far as tracking goes. We are just finishing up writing lyrics before we record vocals, which will probably happen within the next few days. As we stated, we will post some new music for you guys almost immediately after we receive the final masters. That's all for now, take care!

- Skyfire

This is the link to the update with the artwork and video. The video is not working at the moment though. http://www.revolution-music.dk/artikel/skyfire_studioupdate/studioupdate.php

Should be working now. And keep your eyes peeled on this forum for a much deserved facelift. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7qg5Okd2lg&[/ame]

cover.jpg

So what do you think of the artwork?

sounds like its gonna be shreddy with this new guitarist....cover kinda has an old school death metal vibe (minus the band logo and swirly stuff)

and recording delays are preferable to compromised vision (usually). ive got plenty of music, take your time!

sounds like its gonna be shreddy with this new guitarist....cover kinda has an old school death metal vibe (minus the band logo and swirly stuff)

Gonna nip that in the bud right now. This is not gonna be some Dragonforce/Yngwie shredfest. There will be some solos, but but it won't be ridiculous or over the top. Johan is a very talented and tasteful guitarist. (not directed at you neal, but just letting people know before I hear "OMG I HATE WANKING" haha)

the stuff johan has done for andromeda is nigh-amazing, so i am very excited to hear it with skyfire's style of music. interesting stuff from the video - it sounds really good, but i'm curious how it fits into the rest of the song.

and DAMN that cover is tasty. i think it kind of owns all the others.

the stuff johan has done for andromeda is nigh-amazing, so i am very excited to hear it with skyfire's style of music. interesting stuff from the video - it sounds really good, but i'm curious how it fits into the rest of the song.

and DAMN that cover is tasty. i think it kind of owns all the others.

Johan is my 2nd favorite Swedish guitarist, just underneath Per Nilsson. Chameleon Carnival is easily one of my favorite all time instrumentals and the beginning to Reaching Deep Within is genius.

fantastic artwork, hope the music is as good as the artwork =)

That cover's pretty awesome, and the clip is even better. That'll hold me over for a while longer. I agree with neal. It's been a long wait already, we already know it's gonna be worth it... the band should take the time they need, what's another couple months anyway? Do what you gotta do, I can keep myself occupied until then.

My personal Johan Reinholdz boner stems more from Inner Circle and Going Under off of Chimera. Going Under...right at about 2:45 into the song. AHHHHHH so good. I just acquired their 2008 release but haven't had a chance to listen to it - I really hope it rules as much as Chimera because it's a gem of an album.

I think my vote for favorite Swedish guitarist actually goes to Kristian Niemann. What a SERIOUS dude. I try not to die from envy every time I listen to some of the solos from Demonoid and Therion.