update on the new drudkh

Drudkh is one of if not the best BM band around at the moment. The only band that is even close to being as great is Hate Forest. I guess that means that Roman Saenkothe best BM songwriter around....

Ummm...for the naysayers, Ulver's Kveldsaanger anyone?

I'm never too keen on the whole one heavy/one light double album idea, what with Opeth's D1/D2 and all...but Drudkh are obviously not Opeth and vice versa, so yeah...that's my two cents...I guess bring on the music and we'll all see, blah blah...

For the record, I enjoyed Swan Road too.

plaguewilder said:
Drudkh is one of if not the best BM band around at the moment. The only band that is even close to being as great is Hate Forest. I guess that means that Roman Saenkothe best BM songwriter around....

High On Maiden said:
Who would honestly listen to a whole album of Ukranian folk? If the 'folk' track on the end of the Swan Road is anything to go by, I certainly wouldn't listen to a whole CD of it.

i would.

and btw, its general MUSIC discussion. im pretty sure there is more to music than metal
~gR~

Uh...Opeth's Damnation was not a FOLK record. It was (an attempt) at PROG.

Prog.........folk..........FOLK...............prog

He said the concept of one heavy CD in juxtaposition with one light CD, you ninny. He didn't specify beyond that.

This just baffles me to no end. A majority of you guys who do the most complaining/insulting are knowledgeable and have decent insight into bands, yet, I only ever (mostly) see you all wait for a thread to appear just so you can run it down and shit on people. Grab some balls and post something of musical value because the whining is so old at this point it's not even funny.

MetalAges said:
This just baffles me to no end. A majority of you guys who do the most complaining/insulting are knowledgeable and have decent insight into bands, yet, I only ever (mostly) see you all wait for a thread to appear just so you can run it down and shit on people. Grab some balls and post something of musical value because the whining is so old at this point it's not even funny.

Agreed.

All I'm saying is I think it's quite a gimmick, and as I didn't particularly enjoy the folk track at the end of The Swan Road, I wouldnt want to listen to a whole album of it.

I'm not doubting the fact that it might be a perfectly valid piece of folk music, but it seems to me like people are praising this idea because it's Drudkh and they have a reputation as a good metal band, and acting as if people who aren't enthused by the idea are somehow shallow. If any old band did this sort of thing I can't imagine people all jumping to praise it and pretend they all love folk music, but because it's Drudkh it seems like the done thing to think it's cool.

Many bands like Drudkh, Nokturnal Mortum, Dub Buk, even Ulver, in fact an extraordinary amount of Black Metal bands have had significant ties to folk music. This certainly isn't a new idea, but I don't see why you're so taken aback by the fact that people could actually be genuinely anticipating this.

MetalAges said:

whenever i get to threads they've already been destroyed though :(

sew a needle pulling thread la a note to follow sew tea a drink with jam and bread that will bring us back to doe :confused: