Update***** Pre Production-

Mar 2, 2009
Utah
Last night we started recording drum tracks for the demo process. Now that all of the scratch tracks are done, we're diving back into the songs and tightening them down. We've made custom clicks for all of the songs and got most of the bugs worked out of the recording system. We are recording the demo using my V drums. (The best electronic drums know to man) We are using a plug-in called EzDrummer for pro tools via MIDI ports. Between the two we are able to get VERY authentic drum sounds out of my performance in real time with out the headache of recording 10 mics at the same time, worring about isolation, and having the noise putting time constraints on us... It is working great!!!:headbang:
I laid down 2 songs last night, and I have got to say that it is a very easy stress free type of recording. As long as I can perform at 99% the computer can help us clean up the rest after the fact.:heh:
I do believe that there is a good chace that we can have drum tracks out of the way in 4-6 weeks and Kris and Darrin should be able to get started on the ones I finish almost immeadiatly. We could likely see getting Al out to record his tracks, and do our photo shooting for the press side of things by the end of July or the first of August.
Bizzaro-

So, the computer can help us clean up the rest of the performance, huh? What would Portnoy do?

Lots of love,
Albie

So, the computer can help us clean up the rest of the performance, huh? What would Portnoy do?

Lots of love,
Albie

Hey man, he has a $200,000.00 recording budget and all the time in the world, because it's a full time job for him. I've got 3 hrs once a week to get 2-3 songs done at a time. I'm just happy to expidite the process...... When it comes to a final recording, I think that there is no replacement for the real thing!!! Personally, I like the warmth of tape, and it requires a higher degree of perfection. This is actually my first digital recording gig, I was just taken back by the shear ease of the process over convential tape!
:hotjump:

I just had to bust your balls, Bizarro! I'm sure the tracks are coming out beautifully. I can't wait to hear them when I fly out to see you guys!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert