Update Thread

Constantine said:
Hi Guys
I want to start recording again. Does anyone know where I can download software for my computer at no cost?
please advise
thanks
Constantine:headbang:

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/

Reaper is a free multitrack recording software. It's still in development but I think it's quite stable. The thing has a shiteload of features but is pretty easy to use anyway.

I'm slowly moving to Reaper myself, as I get the cursed demo finished....:ill:

Mr. Hyde said:
I'm up for doing some drum tracks. I'm no where near as capable as Maidenman and I only have a standard 5 piece kit. We could try some Sabbath, early Priest, Ac/Dc, that type of stuff.

That's already more than my drummer had while recording our first demo... 5 piece kit without the floor tom plus ride and hats! :lol:

I think anything you can provide will be fine. :kickass:

Wow...

Mr Hyde! Long time no see!
Nefilim! Same to you!

it is almost like old times!

I did get mindcrime 2..listened to about half so far...didn't grab my attention yet..not sure why..I probably expect too much. I'll give it another chance soon.

I'd have to get all my recording stuff back in place.....but if you guys need guitar parts, give me a holler. I'd be keen on hearing Hyde's drumming! :)

Alright! This is beginning to look promising!

Any ideas what could be the first song? Right now all I can think of are Highway to Hell and ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man...

Altho' I kinda only know how to play the first one on guitar... :p

I could try to do mixing no matter what the song would be. Should we start a new thread to think of the song?

Edit: I just realized that it was five years ago we moved here from the Maidencentral BB... Holy shite...

I was using the song as an experiment to try recording and came up with something that is far from perfect but decent enought that I was able to play my guitar along to it....(with some "adjustments" to my timing here and there)
I didn't intend to use this track but I'll send it on to you guys to mess with.
Now, the big question...I don't have my recording pc setup anymore, and we don't have a place for posting files, so what to do? Email files?

I'll probably download Audacity http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/audacity is a fully functioning multi-track recorder with a lot of features.
Since I don't have my Live Drive on this pc I'll have to figure out a way to get files in and out of this thing.

Mr. Hyde said:
I was using the song as an experiment to try recording and came up with something that is far from perfect but decent enought that I was able to play my guitar along to it....(with some "adjustments" to my timing here and there)
I didn't intend to use this track but I'll send it on to you guys to mess with.
Now, the big question...I don't have my recording pc setup anymore, and we don't have a place for posting files, so what to do? Email files?

I'll probably download Audacity http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/audacity is a fully functioning multi-track recorder with a lot of features.
Since I don't have my Live Drive on this pc I'll have to figure out a way to get files in and out of this thing.

That sounds good to me, put me down for Dave's guitar part :) E-mailing is probably best at the minute, I'll send you mine in a PM...

Audacity is quite a neat little program, discovered it the other week :headbang:

Mr. Hyde said:
Ok, I sent you the file. Let me know if it worked.
:headbang:

It worked mate, thank you! Sounds good to! :headbang:

I'll get a rough guitar track done for it this weekend and e-mail a mix to anyone who wants it... Put you name here! :D

I could try messing with the separate drum and guitar tracks just for kicks. I'll pm you my email addy Virus. :cool:

Virus said:
It worked mate, thank you! Sounds good to! :headbang:

I'll get a rough guitar track done for it this weekend and e-mail a mix to anyone who wants it... Put you name here! :D

:headbang:
Send me a copy when you are done! Use my hotmail email address I sent you the file from.

Probably a shock to you all after my previous "I'll get it done, then disappear for a few months" exploits but I've got a guitar track done! :headbang:

I'll e-mail it today to Mr Hyde & Eddy, if anyone else wants it let me know...

It's rhythm guitar and the two solo's (Didn't have time to do all the harmony bits and the solo I made up as I didn't have time to learn the original!) let me know what you think... :kickass:

Oh yeah... Used Audacity to do it and didn't have to do anything except turn the guitars down a little! Awesome drum track Mr Hyde!!!

Got it. :headbang:

Pretty good job following along to my "creative" timings. LOL.

Will you send me the tracks seperately? I want to experiment with them.
I think I'll add the harmony parts and maybe adjust my drum track to better fit the guitar.