Upgrading my system...

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I have a Digi003 Rack+ with PT10 on Mac. I still have my former soundcard, it's a Presonus Firestudio which has better converters and preamps than the Digi I guess.

I would like to upgrade this configuration and I saw someone sells a Digidesign 192 AD with a DA card for 300€. Don't know much about this gear tbh. Would be worth buying it? (more capacities, better converters, etc.) Would it work with PT10 (not HD)? Or the Firestudio would be good enough considering that I just work in a little home-studio.

Thanks for your advice!

The 192 AD and Card for 300 is an insanely good deal, and I seriously doubt he's selling it for that much unless he stole it. The AD is at least 8k new and the card is around 2k.

That being said, if its legit, yes it would work if you had the card and AD. Also depends on what generation AD it is. Is it a new one or an older blue one?

Edit: The AD comes with PT HD, although it may be an older version and he probably already used the key. Not sure how to get PT 10 HD without buying an AD from Avid.

Yes it's the older blue one. Comes with Avid property transfert, security bags, etc. The seller told me that it wouldn't work for me as the card must be plugged with a Digidesign connector (don't know what is it tbh) and not via usb, thunderbolt... Also PTHD is required.

What do you think about the Firestudio? Will try it asap coz the preamps and converters are certainly better than the Digi003 Rack+.