Urban joins Dark Empire

Interesting pick, considering I was under the impression the band wanted to go on a totally different direction (nothing prog/power related). That being said, I think Urban is a monster singer, Matt can write some awesome songs and I actually *am* looking forward to hear this.

Finally some good news today. Urban fucking rules! The bad news being that URIAH HEEP had to cancel their show on Sunday in Wilkes-Barre, PA. because of immigration delays. Fifteen miutes from my fucking house and it had to be canceled. Son of a bitch!

Interesting pick, considering I was under the impression the band wanted to go on a totally different direction (nothing prog/power related). That being said, I think Urban is a monster singer, Matt can write some awesome songs and I actually *am* looking forward to hear this.

For a while I was considering that, but then I realized that progressive rock is the core of my musical foundation and what I love the most, musically speaking. With that being said, theres lots of influence from heavier genres like death / doom / thrash but also probably the most amount of "prog" yet, but more in an oldschool way. Some listeners not familiar with old Genesis and King Crimson might hear it as somewhat Opeth sounding I suppose.

We'll gradually share some demos and studio footage like last time. The first tune we have picked to share is more straight ahead, and perhaps the most like Humanity Dethroned in feel amongst the new songs. Hopefully we'll get that on our myspace before the end of the month.

And for the record, as far as like-minds, I couldn't ask for better musicians to collaborate with than Urban and Andrew. This is the first time I've been able to do that with other members, so its not just going to be my name on the writing credits this time.

Thanks for the interest guys! :)

For a while I was considering that, but then I realized that progressive rock is the core of my musical foundation and what I love the most, musically speaking. With that being said, theres lots of influence from heavier genres like death / doom / thrash but also probably the most amount of "prog" yet, but more in an oldschool way. Some listeners not familiar with old Genesis and King Crimson might hear it as somewhat Opeth sounding I suppose.

We'll gradually share some demos and studio footage like last time. The first tune we have picked to share is more straight ahead, and perhaps the most like Humanity Dethroned in feel amongst the new songs. Hopefully we'll get that on our myspace before the end of the month.

And for the record, as far as like-minds, I couldn't ask for better musicians to collaborate with than Urban and Andrew. This is the first time I've been able to do that with other members, so its not just going to be my name on the writing credits this time.

Thanks for the interest guys! :)

Cool. Best of luck with the recordings. I'm sure Urban's vocals will add a lot to the band. I can already picture him singing stuff such as Eyes of Defiance and Salvation Denied. This is gonna be good.