US-Detroit-Nov.12-2005

Tomasz

outdoor type
During flight while taking off the headphones I lost one hair that was fully attached with the root and pretty long. That made me pretty upset and sad, other then that the journey was pretty uneventful.

First thing I see at Detroit airport are shoeless muslims on their knees right smack in the middle of the terminal doing their thing towards the east or west or actually it was towards the ground transportation.

Venue was quite nice in not so nice area. The stage was pretty freakin' high, more like skydiving then stage diving for that night.

3-4 small local openers prior to AA kicking off 30 min. set at 8:25pm. Same set list and order as on Canada dates :(

Next was some other band followed by COB which played for approx. 27 hours, at least it felt that long.

Met a Canadian in the crowd aye, cool guy aye, was there to see COB I think aye

The club had wide variety of Bud, Bud Light and some other water flavour I forgot, worst beer selection in the history of history

Merch sold at highly rediculous $, part of it due to venue collecting 20% or more of gross sale price. RIP OFF, should be illegal, just sell the damn merch outside or something

Overall it was pretty sucessful night. Turn out was pretty good I think.

Goodnight

Pre-show stage prep work at the local Home Dopot
AA-11-12-05007.jpg

relaxation time prior to the set, Ted sadden by lack of his favourite beer
AA-11-12-05008.jpg

quickly cheered himself up when able to play with some sunglasses
AA-11-12-05010.jpg

finally at last, his favourite, courtesy of, you guessed it, Harpos-the venue
AA-11-12-05012.jpg

the show itself, can't think of any wise remarks here
menupop.gif
AA-11-12-05016.jpg

for those asking if AA gives privelege of presence within, that's deep

AA-11-12-05032.jpg

AA-11-12-05033.jpg

some loser
AA-11-12-05034.jpg

right side is my best side
AA-11-12-05035.jpg

one size does not fit anyone
AA-11-12-05043.jpg

free styler
AA-11-12-05044.jpg

nah, stil too big or small
AA-11-12-05046.jpg

no, stil don't fit
AA-11-12-05049.jpg

hmm, close
AA-11-12-05047.jpg

take it all lightly,

Later

Good pix Tom! Have a blast with the guys!

Clinton, what the fuck, you're gettin old, not as angry as you used to be.

me and my brother were there (all the way from South Bend, IN!) and it was an awesome show. I really liked the second opener, I think they were called Onyx Love Magnet. The other openers were mediocre. Amon Amarth fucking SLAYED, awesome setlist. Trivium sucked ass ("I wanna see a CIRCLE PIT, let me see a CIRCLE PIT, CIRCLE PIT CIRCLE PIT CIRCLE PIT CIRCLE PIT") and COB was awesome.

We were going to go to a costume store and buy viking helmets and wear them all night, but because we're retarded, we didnt. I wish we had.

In the end, I ended up getting Johan and Fredrik's autographs, though I had my camera on me and didn't get a picture of myself with either! Argh!

Ill post the pictures when I get home, theyre nothing special though. Couldnt take it inside.

Did anybody else see those ridiculous looking ravers?

OK, here are the lame pictures I took:

This is me looking like a metal-loving loser!

Everybody loves a good marquee shot

Those silly looking ravers. I could have sworn I zoomed in, but apparently I didn't.

I think thats Roope from CoB, correct me if Im wrong. Me and my brother sat and watched some of the bands unload because we got there around 5.

Some of the Amon Amarth dudes hangin out. The drummer was in there. Johan Heggs was about to come out (I think thats his shadow in the door) and right after this was taken I got him and Fredrik to sign my Vs the World CD:

Awesome.

Anybody else have pictures to share?

fourth pic down - JH on the left
fifth pic down - me, TL and FA + some people

fifth pic looks like taken from the spot where bunch of kids were waiting in front of COB touring bus, waiting for the big rock starts to....well to come out I think, did they?, I know they opened bus doors for a split seconds as I could hear some boys' and girls' arousal screams

it was nice meeting you tomas... even though i would've preferred never being known... but that's ok... you were still nice...

Tomasz said:
what's happening Vesa, not coming to any shows?, it's just a plane ride away ;), what the hell happened to yahoo forum, you've mismanaged it

Yes, I know. I've had some major problems with my computer. It's rolling again, I'll check the site out again! Maybe it's not lost :cry:

PaganBlood said:
hahahaha not as angry as i used to be? what the shit are you talking about bitch?

I think you've forgotten all the dirty insults and fists in the guts of all people.
Wake ut Clint! :D

But hey, you're gettin old as the rest of us.

See ya! :headbang:

We were closer than the bus, and we left after meeting Johan and Fredrik. It woulda been cool to meet other people, but we had a 4 hour drive to get home, it was already 1 am, and my moron brother had to work at 9. And we weren't too worried about meeting Alexi or the gang anyway.

Fun times though, definately. Noticed whoever had the middle bus (the short bus, hehe) were watching the new Family Guy movie.

Yes, nice venue really bad area. I never travel to Harpo's alone. The stage is so tall that I actually don't like to be "front-center" at that venue. I like to be in the back of the floor in the middle of the stage at Harpo's. It's probably about 8-9 feet high. But man, you guys put on an awesome show here in Detroit last Saturday! Thanks for the intense show. My first time seeing you guys live, and it was great. I only wish that you could have played longer (maybe headline next time?!?) Two out of the four local bands weren't half bad. One of the local openers called Forever Lost I actually went to the show to see. Forever Lost and Amon Amarth are the only reason I went to this show. Anyways, after hearing a bit of Trivium we decided to leave knowing that neither Trivium or C.O.B. could have topped the show that you guys just had given us. Hope to see you back soon. And awesome pictures from the show!

transient said:
sorry, but is tomasz in a band or what?

and how much was the aa/cob merch exactly?

at that particular venue prices were as follows:

hoodie - $45
t-shirt - $25
long sleeve t - $30
CDs - $15

the selection was somewhat limited, I "believe" AA Vodka t-shirt (next coolest design to OSFTGH) has sold out in Detroit

Tomasz said:
elo, you're the "little one" correct?, same here, pleasure meeting such an energetic person, good luck with the five year plan ;)

is that what i'm known as?! the "little one"? it's all good...
thanks... we'll keep you updated on that plan...