Any Rumors for US 2013 shows?

Oct 18, 2010
Greetings.

Have there been any rumors of AA playing shows in the US for 2013? Last seen them at the Night with AA double set show in Detroit. I heard a new album was coming so hoping for another chance to see them.

Thanks.

http://rockstarmayhemfest.com/dates
They are scheduled to be playing the 2013 Mayhem Festival this summer. I would assume a North American tour this fall or winter to support the new album. The last time I saw them was at A Night with Amon Amarth in Boston.

They are not on the Main stage but on the Jager Stage with Behemoth, Battlecross, Emmure, Job for a Cowboy, Machine Head, etc.

If that's the case, then fine by me. Been waiting for some time to see the band, it will be nice to have the chance.

Thanks for the info. If I go to Mayhem I definitely will check for them at the Jägermeister stage. I seen them at a festival shows before with Sounds of the Underground coming to mind. In fact I recall that their automobile broke down and they arrived late with only their guitars and had to borrow a drum-set and some other gear. And they played a shortened but damn fine set which is how I became interested in them. The Night with Amon Amarth concert was excellent and I would enjoy seeing them do something similar again.

Seems that Amon Amarth has been moved to the big stage and are one of the four headliners of the festival. Main Stage: Rob Zombie, 5FDP, Mastodon and Amon Amarth. Totally seems like 1 or 2 other main acts backed out. Last year there were so many killer acts that Anthrax was on a secondary stage.

I'll be going, but to be honest (yeah, I know this will sound biased) Amon Amarth should be headlining. Mr. Zombie never really impressed me much although I understand he's a "big deal" (-ish). Five Finger Death Punch can do exactly that to their own taints. Mastodon, sure I'm ok with that but they should open for AA, otherwise the balance of adrenaline and brutality is out of order since it should be saved for the end.

Im actually having a hard time deciding if i want to go to this. Its gonna come down to if i really wanna spend a day in 110 degree weather or not. Other than Rob Zombie and Amon Amarth no one else on it really catches my eye.

Im actually having a hard time deciding if i want to go to this. Its gonna come down to if i really wanna spend a day in 110 degree weather or not. Other than Rob Zombie and Amon Amarth no one else on it really catches my eye.

I am having the same problem. 100 degrees and probably close to $100 for seat tickets at DTE/Pine Knob. AA and Zombie are the only ones I know I will like and I wanted to check out Battlecross at one of the secondary stages but I read that BC is also playing at Metallica's Orion Music & More and I already have tickets for that. Metal Alliance Tour is turning out to be a far better show this year with Anthrax, Exodus, and Municipal Waste.

The exposure will be good for Amon Amarth at Mayhem but boy does Mayhem suck this year compared to last.

Seems that Amon Amarth has been moved to the big stage and are one of the four headliners of the festival. Main Stage: Rob Zombie, 5FDP, Mastodon and Amon Amarth. Totally seems like 1 or 2 other main acts backed out. Last year there were so many killer acts that Anthrax was on a secondary stage.

Yea, I was there last year. IT was awesome. Slayer killed it. I like the line up this year better, overall.

But yea, I dont know why Anthrax was on the other stage and not on the main stage, but The Devil Wears Prada (who is great) was on the main stage. Seemed kind of weird to me.

I'll be going, but to be honest (yeah, I know this will sound biased) Amon Amarth should be headlining. Mr. Zombie never really impressed me much although I understand he's a "big deal" (-ish). Five Finger Death Punch can do exactly that to their own taints. Mastodon, sure I'm ok with that but they should open for AA, otherwise the balance of adrenaline and brutality is out of order since it should be saved for the end.

Yea, I dont know about that. AA is great...GREAT!!! But Zombie is a legend. He should be headlining. Although, he seems kind of out of place on this tour. Seems like most of the bands are Thrash or some form of death metal.