The return of Belgian Redneck

no, Sarkozy is the demagogue, and I do hope he will get the boot but I don't think he will unless the events with the "depression" do get worse and theres some sort of impeachement or revolt or something.

Le Pen on the other hand is a great man, he will be missed.

I saw a few speeches where Le Pen would completely excoriate Sarkozy. Gotta love that.

The future looks bleak on this side of the pond, too. The stinking duopoly remains firmly entrenched..

Sarko will only be happy once he forces the proud Irish to RE-vote again on this stupid Lisboa treaty, thus meaning the end of any souvereignty for EU countries.
Can't forget that he also got elected because he managed to rally many of the far right's votes. A look at his past connects him to the mafia connection in Corsica and the US, with all his buddies being in to their neck with the CIA. Read the reports of the head of French secret services who went public not too long ago.

Celtik, if you need I can fwd you Sarko's amazing story (since the article is in French), he has been totally backed up by the US years before his presidency, him and Pasqua, which is why he was appointed interior ministry, and cleaned up Corsica. Just have to see his line of conduct to see that he is in line with the US global vision ... just look how France has done a 360 in Afghanistan.

Oh, I would leave this place tomorrow, if it wasn't for the whole money thing..

I could do so as well if half my investments were not illiquid. We have a crash in the silver market and I hold about 40kg worth of bullion :mad:

It will be back up there; the hedge fund bankruptcies are the driver behind this, not the underlying fundamentals. It has held steady at $9/oz and traders (like me) make money off both increases and decreases.

Oh, I would leave this place tomorrow, if it wasn't for the whole money thing..

Well, if you are looking for a place to come, forget about the UK. Specially if you need to work to make a crust and you are not locals. If they can choose they go for a candidate with less skills but who is a fellow English/Welsh/Scot. Fucking tribal idiots. I am sick and tired with it- With not being able to land even the most menial job because they are scared of everything.

If I did not have a partner who is not even considering "emigrating" to London (abroad is OK for holidays but it is "there be dragons" territory otherwise) I would pack my cases tomorrow and head for Brussels- where I have a chance of being employed in something remotely interesting and well paying. :rolleyes: Hell, ANYWHERE in Europe would be preferable to here in terms of attitude.

Well, if you are looking for a place to come, forget about the UK. Specially if you need to work to make a crust and you are not locals. If they can choose they go for a candidate with less skills but who is a fellow English/Welsh/Scot. Fucking tribal idiots. I am sick and tired with it- With not being able to land even the most menial job because they are scared of everything.

If I did not have a partner who is not even considering "emigrating" to London (abroad is OK for holidays but it is "there be dragons" territory otherwise) I would pack my cases tomorrow and head for Brussels- where I have a chance of being employed in something remotely interesting and well paying. :rolleyes: Hell, ANYWHERE in Europe would be preferable to here in terms of attitude.

NAh I would move somewhere more interseting than the UK. Sweden would be cool, lots of awesome death metal ;)
But I would move somewhere cold, I happen to be a fan of it. Further up north the better.

NAh I would move somewhere more interseting than the UK. Sweden would be cool, lots of awesome death metal ;)
But I would move somewhere cold, I happen to be a fan of it. Further up north the better.

Tell me about it... I have itchy feet. I have been in Edinburgh for 5 years now and that is a lot for me, even if it is home by now... And if I am going to end up getting a low entry job until something better comes about, I may as well learn another language in the process...

So anyone wanting to offer good jobs to an Electrical Engineer and a Translator/Interpreter/Teacher couple? We can offer a payment in single malts in return.

Move to (way) northern Sweden then :D

Vinter:
Can be -30 C no problem, also no sunlight for a few months straight.

Summer:
Usually not too warm, also sunshine or sunlight all day through summer, very cool :p

Move to (way) northern Sweden then :D

Vinter:
Can be -30 C no problem, also no sunlight for a few months straight.

Summer:
Usually not too warm, also sunshine or sunlight all day through summer, very cool :p

Vinter sounds balmy. :heh: I like the idea of dark days.

I think what would be hardest to get used to would be having light nights. I already struggle with Scottish summers, sunlight until 11 PM, dawn at like 5 am. I probably have inverse SAD.

Do they have external metallic blinds in Sweden? The type that completely seal out sun? If not it would be a good business venture. :cool:

Vinter sounds balmy. :heh: I like the idea of dark days.

I think what would be hardest to get used to would be having light nights. I already struggle with Scottish summers, sunlight until 11 PM, dawn at like 5 am. I probably have inverse SAD.

Do they have external metallic blinds in Sweden? The type that completely seal out sun? If not it would be a good business venture. :cool:

Nope, they usually don't.

Though I've thought about it many times, think it would be popular.

Usually only have those internal blinds (Venetian blinds?) or a "roller blind".

You do get used to the light nights though, more or less.
I tend to sleep better at winter though.

You mean like shutters that roll down or those you close from outside? Most houses have shutters in Belgium.
I know here in Florida all we have are inside blinds, and one thickness windows ... come the cold weather, these really do not keep the cold out and the blinds do nothing to keep the light out as well. Kinda like here where it was 25 degrees this Monday, and today I woke up it was 4 outside.

You mean like shutters that roll down or those you close from outside? Most houses have shutters in Belgium.
I know here in Florida all we have are inside blinds, and one thickness windows ... come the cold weather, these really do not keep the cold out and the blinds do nothing to keep the light out as well. Kinda like here where it was 25 degrees this Monday, and today I woke up it was 4 outside.

It is hard to explain, so I will show you. They are outside the window, when fully up you cannot see them, when fully down they reach the windowsill.

IMG_0056.jpg

They seal light out, and cold in the winter, and heat in the summer. They are pre-built, not like in the UK, where we shelled out £100 for a crappy roll of plastic material that sits inside the window.

Thank you thank you, I'm here all week.

Yeah good enough for him. Wish we could boot him out of the country or someone break his scrawny neck. Either / or.