US release of "Still"

stonedlamb

New Metal Member
Sep 30, 2002
Chicago il. USA
Visit site
Hello all, Dean here from Chicago. I'm a 45 year old music lover who doesn't have a lot of time for forum chat anymore due to marraige and a new daughter. I was doing some surfing and came across the fact there is a new Wolverine album!!!!!!! :headbang: I own the previous 2 and am wondering when the new one will be released in the US?

By the way, I've been looking through the threads here............how cool it is that members of the band actually post here, and quite often:kickass:

Looking forward to hearing "Still"!!!

Dean,

cool of you to stop by here! Hopefully you'll find some time to do so in the future as well. I must say we have quite a cosy corner here. :)

The US release for "Still" is July 11 so it's just around the corner. It would be great to hear what you think of the album once you have it.

Take care!

Hello Stefan, thank you so much for your reply. I will be searching the big city for "Still" next week!!

Being that I am 45 years old, my days of being starstruck are long gone. But I must say that it is REALLY COOL to get news "straight from the horses mouth" so to speak. I really love your band and look forward to heaqring the new CD. I try to turn people on to Wolverine any chance I get, but I don't think I will be able to drag my friends to a Wolverine concert here in Chicago anytime soon. So sad that the American market doesn't have the hunger for GOOD METAL!!!

Thanks again and hope to talk to you soon,
Dean

Just wanted you to know that I ordered "Still" yesterday. I haven't had time to get out to a store so I had to order it online. Can't wait to get it, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. I will definitely be back to chat after I give it a listen or two!!!

Dean

Well I've listened to "Still" quite a few times now and I must say...WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!
As always, when I receive a long anticipated new album from a band I really like I was dissapointed at first listen. No worries, this happens almost every time. But I also know that much good music needs a few listens before it really sinks in. I like all the tracks on "Still" but my favorites are "House of Plague, "This Cold Heart of Mine", and being an American I really appreciate "Liar on the Mount" thanks guys :headbang: Thanks a lot for another great release, but there is still one task left undone............WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO CHICAGO??? :lol: There is a fantastic club 1 mile from my house that holds about 1100. C'mon, give Daniel a call. Wolverine and Pain of Salvation!!!! I would be able to die a happy man. I'll even pitch in some funds!

You do have a fan in America,
Regards,
Dean

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the album, Dean! I'm really happy to hear that you liked it!

Playing in the US has been a dream for years and in fact one of the goals I'd like to fulfill before we put the band to rest. However, it's proven to be a pretty difficult task. The best option I think would be to play at ProgPower USA. Doesn't that festival take place in Chicago?

I've seen quite a few requests for Wolverine at their messageboard and I think that's the only thing that might get them to book us. Of course Candlelight USA can do all in their power to get us there but ultimately it have to come down to if the audience wants us there or not. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to help us out I suggest you post at their messageboard OR mail them directly. That way they would notice there is at least some sort of demand for us.

Believe me, if we'd get the chance to play there we'd be on the first plane over. Despite a government I can't relate to at all USA is a country I am greatly fascinated by and I have a lot of good friends over there. A couple of years back I was actually thinking of moving there but things got in the way so now I'm stuck in Sweden. But that's another favorite country of mine so I don't complain. :)

Now I'm off to rehersals... C ya!

Actually I only know of one ProgPower that was here in a suburb of Chicago about 5 years ago I think. They have usually been in Atlanta. POS played at ProgPower a few years ago and I couldn't find anyone to road trip with me as it was Thanksgiving weekend (A huge family holiday here) so I missed that chance. It really makes me mad the situation here in the USA musically. All the radio stations across the country are owned by 2 or 3 huge corporations. they all play the same old crap and the public buys into that :puke:I have personally boycotted radio for about 4 years now, I don't even have an antenae hooked up to my home system. There are some great prog metal bands that are from here that can only get gigs in really small clubs if at all, but thay play in huge arenas in Europe and Asia. It makes me sooooo mad!!!

That's correct, I remember now that they moved the festival to Atlanta after the first edition. Anyway, that would be the perfect oppurtunity for us to come over to the States. If that would happen we would of course try to book shows in connection to the PP-show as well. Chicago would of course be a top priority then! :headbang:

Looked everywhere for this album and no luck so far...

I'll try again by the end of August..