US Tour-Not? Yes?

Nikki

Apr 13, 2006
Everywhere
DT was rumored to be teaming up with Killswitch Engage and The Devil Wears Prada for a US tour in February/March.

At first the bmouth title had DT as part of the lineup, but edited and took them out of the title, yet ticketmaster still has them listed.

Anywho, these are some of the dates involved:

Feb. 05 - Atlantic City, NJ - House Of Blues
Feb. 08 - Lake Buena Vista, FL - House Of Blues
Feb. 10 - Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle
Feb. 11 - Charlotte, NC - Amos' Southend
Feb. 12 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Feb. 18 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
Feb. 19 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
Feb. 20 - Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Theatre
Feb. 23 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
Feb. 26 - Dallas, TX - The Palladium Ballroom
Mar. 01 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
Mar. 05 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
Mar. 07 - San Francisco, CA - The Warfield
Mar. 09 - Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
Mar. 10 - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
Mar. 12 - Magna, UT - The Great Salt Air

*Sweden's DARK TRANQUILLITY is also being advertised as taking part in the trek (Ticketmaster, The Rave), but is currently scheduled to play a couple of shows in the group's home country in late February, making the band's participation in the KILLSWITCH tour unlikely*

So uh...yeah...I'd rather them come, but yuck...NEW LINEUP PLEASE!

Ok, yeah, it's confirmed.

BLECH!

I'll wait till I see the news anywhere on the official DT outlet.

25 Feb - Close-Up Båten, Swe/Fin
27 Feb - Club 700, Örebro, Swe

These dates were confirmed long ago, now they fall onto the middle of the KillShit tour? Obvious scheduling conflict, so I'd wait and see.

Theeeen we'll speculate :D

This is a tour where a promoter knows nothing about the music!
DT should not be on this bill. Sure, it may open them up to some new fans... but like many of you who have posted, I will skip this tour cause I won't pay $$$ only to see one good band!

DT should tour with Nevermore next year.... now that would be a killer tour!!!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131829

The lineup IS strange :guh:

And how come some blabbermouth dudes always mention Nevermore in a DT news thread :rolleyes:

Indeed, poor DT, they deserve better bands. This really shows the state of the economy in the U.S., putting (almost totally) unrelated bands together and make a tour out of that :err:. 'Tis all about the money, as usual.

Next thing we'll see Juanes and Ricky Martin opening for In Flames or something :lol: .

(Incidentally, Juanes did introduce, what he said was, 'the fucking greatest band in the world', Metallica, in the Latin MTV Video Music awards. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.)

Indeed, poor DT, they deserve better bands. This really shows the state of the economy in the U.S., putting (almost totally) unrelated bands together and make a tour out of that :err:. 'Tis all about the money, as usual.

Next thing we'll see Juanes and Ricky Martin opening for In Flames or something :lol: .

(Incidentally, Juanes did introduce, what he said was, 'the fucking greatest band in the world', Metallica, in the Latin MTV Video Music awards. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.)

Well, with the direction In Flames has been going, that seems more than likely. :lol:

/badjoke :cry:

Your assumptions are retarded as usual.

I won't break it down to you, and I want you to keep going. Makes me feel better about myself :D

I...have to completely diagree with this...
Every show I've been to in 09 has had a fairly solid line-up, at the very least (not counting Summer Slaughter or Mayhem, but I got to go to Mayhem for free, so no complaining)

No doubt does DT deserve better bands (and a date in MA...), but this seems like one of those extremely out of place tours where no band really fits on the same bill...which I haven't seen happen since BEFORE the economy went to crap. If anything, tour packages have generally improved over the past year in my honest opinion.

At this point in time, DT do not deserve to be 3rd on a bill with crap bands. Whoever concocted this tour needs to get with the program and put better bands on a bill with DT that will make the lineup stand out more.

Just because this is indeed the US, its very understandable and expected that KSE would be headlining (sadly). However, to put The Devil Wears Prada over DT is ridiculous and really unheard of. We have a metalcore band headlining, a christian shit core band supporting, and one of the top melodic death bands ever opening....makes a lot of sense whoever thought of this bill.

I'm really confused why DT would even accept a spot like this, but i guess it was just that hard to find a spot on any other bill and they couldn't headline till fall/winter of 2010.

Honestly... do you have any idea how many hardcore DT fans are not going to go to this show just because of all the scene kids and shit bands? I know I was looking forward to this north america tour announcement for weeks, and today just made me so upset because there is no way i'm paying $30 plus driving 2 hours to see a 30 min DT set and leave. Also there is no way im putting up with the disastrous crowd this will have. I can honestly see TDWP being booed offstage by the majority of the crowd.

Really... whoever's idea it was to put DT on this bill, not to mention opening, is an idiot in my opinion. Guess I have to wait till next year and hope for a headline cause this tour is just a stupid idea.

Your assumptions are retarded as usual.

I won't break it down to you, and I want you to keep going. Makes me feel better about myself :D

I love the "ass"umption pun, but since you 'won't break it down' for me I'll just ignore your comment. As usual :D .

I...have to completely diagree with this...
Every show I've been to in 09 has had a fairly solid line-up, at the very least (not counting Summer Slaughter or Mayhem, but I got to go to Mayhem for free, so no complaining)

No doubt does DT deserve better bands (and a date in MA...), but this seems like one of those extremely out of place tours where no band really fits on the same bill...which I haven't seen happen since BEFORE the economy went to crap. If anything, tour packages have generally improved over the past year in my honest opinion.

Ah well I don't really live in the U.S. so I know little of the tours there. I assume they were going to be better before the U.S. economy collapsed hehe. You've got a point, there'll be a Slayer+Megadeth+Testament tour early next year :headbang: . Yeah, really out of place, whoever came up with this really didn't know what bands were put together.

At this point in time, DT do not deserve to be 3rd on a bill with crap bands. Whoever concocted this tour needs to get with the program and put better bands on a bill with DT that will make the lineup stand out more.

Indeed!!! Actually I thought they were headliners, but… 3rd?!? What's up with that?!? I would understand if this happened before, but DT is now fairly popular and certainly well known. They deserve their own tour, or at least one in which they're headliners with good bands.

Just because this is indeed the US, its very understandable and expected that KSE would be headlining (sadly). However, to put The Devil Wears Prada over DT is ridiculous and really unheard of. We have a metalcore band headlining, a christian shit core band supporting, and one of the top melodic death bands ever opening....makes a lot of sense whoever thought of this bill.

I'm really confused why DT would even accept a spot like this, but i guess it was just that hard to find a spot on any other bill and they couldn't headline till fall/winter of 2010.

Honestly... do you have any idea how many hardcore DT fans are not going to go to this show just because of all the scene kids and shit bands? I know I was looking forward to this north america tour announcement for weeks, and today just made me so upset because there is no way i'm paying $30 plus driving 2 hours to see a 30 min DT set and leave. Also there is no way im putting up with the disastrous crowd this will have. I can honestly see TDWP being booed offstage by the majority of the crowd.

Really... whoever's idea it was to put DT on this bill, not to mention opening, is an idiot in my opinion. Guess I have to wait till next year and hope for a headline cause this tour is just a stupid idea.

I guess The Devil whatever is the Christian one, huh? Quite ironic that DT (or at least Mikael) criticizes Christianity and religion a lot, at least in the interviews he gives.

I want more Firewind.

There was once a tour of DT with them, right? Firewind is a great band, much better than… those two.

Honestly... do you have any idea how many hardcore DT fans are not going to go to this show just because of all the scene kids and shit bands?

I'm flying to the West Coast no matter what for at least one date :D

That's what "hardcore" stands for :heh:

And people: wait for the official announcement, Jesus Fucking Christ.

I want more Firewind.

Go see Ozzy :D

I'm flying to the West Coast no matter what for at least one date :D

That's what "hardcore" stands for :heh:

And people: wait for the official announcement, Jesus Fucking Christ.

Go see Ozzy :D

Ah isn't it official? Yeah I'd go there too just to see DT. I'm hoping they'll do a Latin-American tour soon, which they probably will, and this time I'm travelling to either Colombia or México, no matter what. Job? Screw that :p (ah ha ha wish I could).

You guys should admit that this is a bad tour for YOU GUYS, not for Dark Tranquillity. Fans that see Killswitch Engage and Devil Wears Prada (whom are in the same league, with the hardcore influences, one more gothenburg influenced, the other more deathcore) should like Dark Tranquillity if they want something related but more metal. I think DT fits this bill and is good for exposure to new fans and people that would probably like their music. It'll probably register in the audiences heads (if they didn't know in the first place) that DT is one of 'those influencial Swedish melodic death' bands that influenced Killswitch Engage. And I don't think the guys in Dark Tranquillity are low enough to think the people in KSE and DWP are idiots because of the music they play. This isn't a show about division of scenes...but bringing people together regardless of what music they like/play/ or whatever.

Plintus, you're not going to the Atlantic City date? I might just go with the hope of running into them and gambling,haha

You guys should admit that this is a bad tour for YOU GUYS, not for Dark Tranquillity.

Oh, thanks for breaking it down!

But here's the thing: (if this tour is official) it would be better if dt were main support, as most of the crowd gathers for 2 last bands. That, and a shorter set (obviously).

So... 3rd from the top (2nd from the bottom, an opening slot?) doesn't sound that great.

Plintus, you're not going to the Atlantic City date? I might just go with the hope of running into them and gambling,haha

Of course I'm going to all local dates :)

AC, PHL, VA, DC, NYC... well, except Baltimore :D That city is fucked up, me and Yau got into a fight in the fucking venue with fucking bouncers. Or something like that (10 shots of vodka and Monster can do that to you). The weirdest part is that he was on the second floor and I was crowdsurfing :heh:

And then cab driver promised to shoot us. So... fuck that city.