Using a DAW as a FOH console

Were you in the same room or somewhere else when you mixed that?

Why did you use Autotune btw? The singer doesn't sound so bad imo but the artifacts in some places suck.

Were you in the same room or somewhere else when you mixed that?

Why did you use Autotune btw? The singer doesn't sound so bad imo but the artifacts in some places suck.

He is always flat live. We had to use it so they didn't look like idiots with a song that sounds nothing like what they did in the studio.

There was a separate control room, and I was mixing directly to the right of the band, my L/R out was plugged into an XLR jack in the wall that fed the control room. We had soundchecked on Sunday, and I went in to the control room and dialed in the mix exactly how I wanted it, panned and added a tiny bit of post-eq, only to be ruined by the engineer the next day.

Did you mix through headphones or were there monitors?

So was the host really there to listen to the soundcheck or die he just say so?

Did you mix through headphones or were there monitors?

So was the host really there to listen to the soundcheck or die he just say so?

They played about 30 seconds of a song as an outro before they went to commercials, which I think is what he was talking about. He was not there the night before.

I mixed through headphones while they were playing and I also had a set of monitors which I listened to the night before.

Did you Falcon punch him? The cable eng guy that is.

Hahaha, I didn't realize until after we left the studio and I went home and watched it on my DVR. I should have been in the production studio instead of the live room listening. Oh well, live and learn I guess.