Using multiple amps

MetalSound

Nov 14, 2006
Hi!

A while ago I ordered a Morley Tripler (as used by George Lynch they say...) and I wondered if anybody of you made some experience with using multiple amps at the same time.

I used a Pod Pro and a Sans Amp simultaneously and I always had phase problems. Maybe this is because the Pod has some latency?!
But with a real amp and the sans amp together I didn´t get much better results. In addition the sans amp had a lot of ground humming and I had to buy a Behringer x-hum (yes, it really works! :) ) to supress it.

Any experience?

Isn´t it possible to use 2 amps with the Reamp box as well?
Does this work?

jepp.
you can have 180degree phase cancelation though, coz some amps "push" where others "pull".
should that be the case jsut solder a phase-inverting speakercable for one of the amps and there shouldn't be any problem.

at least not more than usual with more than one mic, you always have to watch the phase

But even when I switch phase after recording it sounds thin and I can´t get the 2 sounds together. Tried also pushing/pulling the tracks against each other just a few milliseconds but the phasing just sounds different then. It never really "glues" together. :cry:

Try this trick:

After you found the sound on the first amp, Mic it up where it sounds good. then take the other amp and mic the second amp from the same distance as the first amp.

Run pink noise through the amps. Flip the second mic's phase, use headphones so that the signal is louder in your phones, than your amps. Search for a spot where it nearly becomes totally silent. Then it has a complete phase cancellation(well almost). then just flip the phase again and try if it works!

still I recommend quad tracking over just using the same performance reamped 100 times...