Världsalltets Fanfar mp3 at Napalm Records

I just experienced a few earthquakes in the recent hour( 4 on the Richter scale in Reykjavík). I think I will remember them as Jordpuls.

Haha just put her on a plane and she'll possibly do it herself haha.

Yes, everyone seems to be talking about Skogen Sover (me understands, whee), maybe it's the "best track" of the album?

nononono!
i need to see borknagar once in life before dying!!!! :)

@djofull: is everything okey?
no damages to people or houses?

Wow, that's a special link you put there, haha! So how does 4 on the Richter scale feel? It's like a really nervous earth?
Ehm... I was on a nighshift and felt a about 3 quakes before I went to sleep and now I have awoken 7 hours after that and just felt 2 more! Just 5-10 minutes ago. Their duration is about 3-10 seconds. You can hear loose things and cupboards shake and wonder where things are heading. It's to the point where it's interesting and not alarming as in quakes that were over 6 in 2000 and 2008 where it could go on for half a minute or more. My cousins house was seriously damaged in 2008, in the town of Selfoss, the crack went through her concrete house.

These ones now probably not big enough to do some damage. I see in the news that some divers were diving in a lake where an epicenter of one quake was and they reported that it was like a bomb going of.

110227_1730.png

Sigurðr;9683230 said:
^ Indeed about the drums...the drums in solens are very complicated, but for me it's not a bad factor if the musician knows how to make the drums, thks god andreas knows how to make that :p but i was missing the blackened drum style in Mr V's songs..like the drums in Till Fjälls.

hahaha! its nice to see how other vintersorg fans like you could understand all my magical feelings when hearing Mr.V songs with only that word :p

Yeah, nice coining there; I think it really reflects everyone's feelings.

Djöfull;9683625 said:
I just experienced a few earthquakes in the recent hour( 4 on the Richter scale in Reykjavík). I think I will remember them as Jordpuls.

Wow, that's a special link you put there, haha! So how does 4 on the Richter scale feel? It's like a really nervous earth?

Har har not sure if it's OK to brag about this, but 4 is nothing. Obviously I'm more used to earthquakes (or better said, Jordpulses –see, I wrote it correctly– ) than everyone here, but it's not that bad. There was one here in 1992 that was about 7 on Richter. Now that's seriously something, the walls were moving so much I could see a "black void" between "them". I just stood there smiling, going "Hee hee what's going on?" and then my Ohma came screaming telling me to get under the table. Hahaha really funny, I was six years old then.

Last year (a couple?) was the "Cinchona" earthquake. It's called that because the town of Cinchona in the mountains was totally destroyed, and 100+ died. That one was really scare because it was quite long, more than 12 seconds :ill::zombie: *loco* and moved from left to right, which is weird because if I recall correctly most quakes here move up and down.

I guess earthquakes in Iceland are dangerous, we don't want the volcano chain to be completely activated haha. Does Iceland have any emergency plans for natural disasters, and are houses built with a "seismic code" (i.e. a standard in all buildings that, if done properly, mean that the building won't fall with a (strong) quake).

Yeah, nice coining there; I think it really reflects everyone's feelings.
I guess earthquakes in Iceland are dangerous, we don't want the volcano chain to be completely activated haha. Does Iceland have any emergency plans for natural disasters, and are houses built with a "seismic code" (i.e. a standard in all buildings that, if done properly, mean that the building won't fall with a (strong) quake).
Earthquakes are frequent but not larger ones. 6,6 in 2000 and 7,0 in 1912 are the largest I know of. The tectonic plates here are sliding away from each other and they collide at fault lines in the north and south. Also the earth's crust is thinner and thus more breakable in the ocean plates as opposed to the continental plates that have smashed and formed mountain ranges(the whole western mountain ranges of the Americas), I think.. so less friction build up here but more quakes. And due to that the houses are built to to withstand most of them, so ehm there is probably a standard for that. Not that I know much about it.

Dangerous? Meh.. probably not in this day and age.. but never say never. It can be damaging to infrastructure and property and loose things. The last time people or a person died was in 1896 but their houses were craptacularly built in regard to bigger quakes:

gamlibaerinn.jpg

Hi!!

Great way to start the Week!! Monday, checking the forum, I see this thread!!

I've listened the sample about 15 times, and I'm liking a lot. I love harsh vocals quite a lot. Perhaps, I was waiting cleaner production, anyway, I can't wait for the album!! Very promising sample! :kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

Seeing the file name, I guess there will be at least eleven songs on the album... hehehe.

@NovembersDirge, I like the new Myspace man! Great job!!

Djöfull;9685026 said:

those houses are fucking lovely!!!!
are they liveable? does people still live live houses like that i.e. in the country?
it looks like hobbiton ahahahah
i've read that in the viking age when camp were besieged people used to make sheep pasture on the roofs :)

Hi!!

I've listened the sample about 15 times, and I'm liking a lot. I love harsh vocals quite a lot. Perhaps, I was waiting cleaner production, anyway, I can't wait for the album!! Very promising sample! :kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang:

Seeing the file name, I guess there will be at least eleven songs on the album... hehehe.

Nah, track listing says 9 tracks! :)

Thanks for the compliments and the song sounds amazing. If the record is similar in style, I think we're in for a record that will excite Vintersorg's entire fanbase. :headbang:

Djöfull;9685026 said:
Earthquakes are frequent but not larger ones. 6,6 in 2000 and 7,0 in 1912 are the largest I know of. The tectonic plates here are sliding away from each other and they collide at fault lines in the north and south. Also the earth's crust is thinner and thus more breakable in the ocean plates as opposed to the continental plates that have smashed and formed mountain ranges(the whole western mountain ranges of the Americas), I think.. so less friction build up here but more quakes. And due to that the houses are built to to withstand most of them, so ehm there is probably a standard for that. Not that I know much about it.

Dangerous? Meh.. probably not in this day and age.. but never say never. It can be damaging to infrastructure and property and loose things. The last time people or a person died was in 1896 but their houses were craptacularly built in regard to bigger quakes:

gamlibaerinn.jpg

Pretty much the same here, 6.0 and 7.0 aren't really frequent, and everything is destroyed when that happens. Those are some lovely houses :) .

Hi!!

I think the production is quite clean: Not over-produced, but not too raw either.

are they liveable? does people still live live houses like that i.e. in the country?
i've read that in the viking age when camp were besieged people used to make sheep pasture on the roofs :)

Haha wow sheep pasture on roofs, awesome.

Nah, track listing says 9 tracks! :)

Thanks for the compliments and the song sounds amazing. If the record is similar in style, I think we're in for a record that will excite Vintersorg's entire fanbase. :headbang:

I think that this is the most relevant Vintersorg record since Visions.

Ok, never heard of that. As to protect the sheep? *cough*
People don't live in these houses anymore, but they were the main houses from the 9-19 centuries in Iceland. They had good insulation but their maintenance could be a strenuos task. There are some of them being maintained for historical reasons.
More here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_turf_houses

*Shameless self promotion*

Me standing by the ruins of the turf houses where my grandfather was born:

38949_1477441130198_1058848669_1370246_339280_n.jpg

My great-great grandfather built those, still standing today ( they are maintained due to the fact that this is a place of a church)
=
safn_laufas.jpg

Sorry for the thread hijack people! (they keep asking me questions! Hehe)

Djöfull;9686121 said:
Nope, it's a museum/heritage site.

Interesting that you like the style, since it is kind of backwards, 3 world and built out of necessity.

I think it's far from 3rd-world haha. I mean, when were these houses built? I've always loved old houses, I stayed at a friend's 1000-year old house (which was sadly enough, sold) in Dorchester and it was wicked.
I like the roofs and the little windows at the front. I love windows.