V-Amp tones/patches/setting (Death Metal)

Bloodsoaked666 said:
So if you use no cab what does that do and what is Impulses?

Peter
I use no cab sim (or just cab sim on one side for monitoring)! Then I use an impulse convolver (a plugin)! It convolves the signal with an impuls file (which is the impulse response of a real cab mic recording setup in this case) via som FIR algorithm!
So the signal sounds the same (in linear approximation) then send thru the original
equipment where the Impulse is from!

In other words the "Impulse" is the cab simulation and is much better then the built in simulation which is afaik just a simple EQ.

Bloodsoaked666 said:
Kick ass dude!!! I don't care what people say you can get a good "metal" sound from the v-amp for recording. I would love to hear some vocals.

Peter

thanks man! yea, you can get a good sound. not the best maybe, but still pretty good (will do more experimenting with sounds). I'd love to hear some vocals on that, too, lol but at the moment I concentrate on recording a first demo for my band, also with the VAmp for guitars

btw: I use a "tube-Pre" patch on the VAmp for recording bass-tracks

Hexer said:
thanks man! yea, you can get a good sound. not the best maybe, but still pretty good (will do more experimenting with sounds). I'd love to hear some vocals on that, too, lol but at the moment I concentrate on recording a first demo for my band, also with the VAmp for guitars

btw: I use a "tube-Pre" patch on the VAmp for recording bass-tracks

Can you email me the bass patch you use? Email it to: peterhasselbrack@yahoo.com

Thanks...

Bloodsoaked666 said:
Can you email me the bass patch you use? Email it to: peterhasselbrack@yahoo.com

Thanks...

yep, no problem, I'll do it tomorrow though because its pretty late and I just cant be bothered to set up the equipment right now:lol:

our bassists bass didnt sound very good with that patch though, but we think that has a lot to do with the strage sound he's getting from that strange strings he has on it at the moment. the low B kinda sounds like ass. we got better results using my old bass-combos direct out and even though it still didnt sound great when we recorded it, it sounds a lot better in the mix :)

the patch worked pretty well with a friends 6-string bass and my Ibanez 7-string RG (with pitch-shifter applied later) though