V F T S G reviews

Mayh

Who's that Melinda person
Oct 3, 2001
This will be my first Vintersorg album yay! (it´ll be here in a couple of days:D ) can somebody post a link to some good reviews, I´ve only found one but I´m a sucker when it comes to finding things on the internet.

But it's correct: "child" is in the singular here with a genitive "s" added. That's also a known phrase "child's play". In German, it's "Kinderspiel" - here "kinder" is plural. But in English the "child" part of this phrase is simply in singular. It would translate to "Kindesspiel". I guess you understood this as subject + predicate...."children playing music". But in reality "child's play" describes the kind of music they're playing. It's got an attributive function here.

Originally posted by Somber Soul
But it's correct: "child" is in the singular here with a genitive "s" added. That's also a known phrase "child's play". In German, it's "Kinderspiel" - here "kinder" is plural. But in English the "child" part of this phrase is simply in singular. It would translate to "Kindesspiel". I guess you understood this as subject + predicate...."children playing music". But in reality "child's play" describes the kind of music they're playing. It's got an attributive function here.

Yeah, well exactly my thoughts :rolleyes: :D Anywhooo, about the reviews does anybody know about any good ones...

damn! embaressing :D
i thought it was plural of child!
i thought so, because it's such a common mistake by german speakers to say childs or mans, foots, wolfs!
i was reading this as:"das ist so, als würden kinder musik machen!" so sorry, Herr Åkerfeldt!
*verdammte anglistikstudenten* ;)

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
damn! embaressing :D
i thought it was plural of child!
i thought so, because it's such a common mistake by german speakers to say childs or mans, foots, wolfs!
i was reading this as:"das ist so, als würden kinder musik machen!" so sorry, Herr Åkerfeldt!
*verdammte anglistikstudenten* ;)

Sorry for the lecture. No harm done, I hope? :D But I could clearly see the ambiguity of Åkerfeldts utterance and how it could be understood in more than one way. The only thing was the apostrophe. But as we know, not even native speakers use it correctly, so that wasn't a good sign. And the sense of his utterance stays the same, regardless of how you actually translate it! That's the good thing! :lol:

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
It's alright Fleischwolf!

Oh, and also... Welcome Mayh! I'd just recommend you get it. Just because you hear a review about it, doesn't make it any better. I have yet to hear it myself.

Ofcourse it doesn´t, and the album is on it´s way in the mail :D . I´m just so excited about this album and reading reviews is like killing time while I wait for it. It was also like that when I first got into Opeth I only had a half song in mp3 but I read almost every review and got to be really fanatic about them, which I will problably be with Vintersorg also if the album is half as good as Universums Dunkla Alfabet!