Vader cabs

They are ok live, every time I've mic'ed one up they sound like shit though. YMMV.

I have really liked Vader cabs in a live setting, I've used/heard two different ones from some local acts. One with one of those soldano(?) designed Yamaha amps and the other with a Triple Rec. I actually played the Triple Rec with it and it sounded/felt great.

Another plus is that the one i played was light as fuck and easy to move.

Haven't had the opportunity to mic one up yet.

They are ok live, every time I've mic'ed one up they sound like shit though. YMMV.

+1 I quite enjoyed mine live when I had it, but the more flat frequency response did not translate well under the mic. Although I think now you can order them with the Eminence V30 type speaker as well which might help with that.

Wow.
So Avatar would be better?
I wish I had a bit more $$$ so I could get something really nice.
Oh well.

Don't let the price of Avatar fool you, in terms of build quality and sound, they are easily worth WAY more. The reason they are so cheap is because they sale direct, wholesale without any middleman markup and if they where, would be around 900-1000 USD easy.

Don't let the price of Avatar fool you, in terms of build quality and sound, they are easily worth WAY more. The reason they are so cheap is because they sale direct, wholesale without any middleman markup and if they where, would be around 900-1000 USD easy.

So the Avatar with 4 V30s for $500 aint too good to be true?

HI that’s correct but we buy the speakers by the thousands and sell them much cheaper than anyone else....four are $369 in the $500 cab...let me know if you want one...thanks...dave
Regards,
Dave
(208) 762-5251

Owner of the company replied to my email. Now I'm REALLY starting to consider Avatar...
I think one of the local studios here in San Antonio owns some Avatar cabs. I'm gonna see if I can make a trip down there and test some out.
Anyway, thanks so much for the input.

500$ bucks could get you a Mesa Oversized. Check San Antonio clist, I was going to travel to buy one there, but I found one with a guy who is stopping by in my city from Dallas.

So the Avatar with 4 V30s for $500 aint too good to be true?

Exactly. Don't let the price deceive you by all means. Even thought they say the Vintage G series are based on the Marshal Bluesbreaker, in terms of aesthetics they are a copy of the Bogner cabinets with the weight and dimension between the Bogner and Stiletto. The build quality is better than Marshall builds as well.

500$ bucks could get you a Mesa Oversized. Check San Antonio clist, I was going to travel to buy one there, but I found one with a guy who is stopping by in my city from Dallas.

Most clist posts are older beat up slant cabs. If you want a straight oversized you will be looking for a bit. As an Avatar G412 Vintage owner I can say to get a brand new 412 with REAL vintage 30s a build quality better than Marshall and the sound between Bogner and Stiletto, it is well worth the $617 final price w/ shipping.

I think one of the local studios here in San Antonio owns some Avatar cabs. I'm gonna see if I can make a trip down there and test some out.

Probably Clifton at Dead Room?

By the way, I scored a Mesa OS 4x12 in great condition for $475 on Craigslist here a couple years ago.

I recorded an album for a Vader endorsee.
4x12 sounded horrible. Very sharp and dull at the same time if that makes any sense. We ended up using my orange cab and the band listed that it was the vader on the sleeve.

@006- Yes. That's exactly the guy I'm talking about! I talk to him alot via FB and he's asked me to check out his studio soon anyway.

And I'm not getting any luck with craigslist at all. And i REALLY do not wanna go the eBay route... Lol

Anyway, thanks for the input guys. Now I know to stay away from Vader cabs! :p