Vader DVD

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I got this DVD today and a few things struck me while watching it:

1 - Fuck, Vader are great.
2 - How can such a skinny guy play the fucking drums like that? It almost makes me embarrassed to think Metallica showed Lars "playing" double bass on the St Anger video. o_O
3 - Why didn't the editor show the FUCKING SOLOS being played?!! I don't want to see the drummer when Piotr's playing a fucking solo!
4 - This band are seriously tight live (apart from a little section of Kingdom).
5 - Why bother putting in the bootleg stuff - it's unwatchable practically.
6 - Does Peter really play ALL the solos, and does he ALWAYS use the whammy bar for them?!
7 - Why didn't the record company get an English speaker to write the band biographies?
8 - Vader fucking rule, you should buy this. And "The Beast".
9 - While the live concert is amazing, it would be so much better now with all the recent material. So WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A NEW DVD?!!

:worship:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
2 - How can such a skinny guy play the fucking drums like that? It almost makes me embarrassed to think Metallica showed Lars "playing" double bass on the St Anger video.
Check-out Yattering's DVD 'Creative Chaos'.

I didn't actually know Vader had a DVD out. I shall seek it.

No, I didn't know they had a DVD out either until I noticed a video mentioned on their official website. When I did a search for the vid on Amazon I found an extended DVD version of it called "More Vision And The Voice". I got it from Streets Online, and, as you're one of the chosen ones like myself (from Scotland) you can get it from the same place.
But Vader's marketing guy is obviously a bit of a nob.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I got this DVD today and a few things struck me while watching it:

1 - Fuck, Vader are great.
2 - How can such a skinny guy play the fucking drums like that? It almost makes me embarrassed to think Metallica showed Lars "playing" double bass on the St Anger video. o_O
3 - Why didn't the editor show the FUCKING SOLOS being played?!! I don't want to see the drummer when Piotr's playing a fucking solo!
4 - This band are seriously tight live (apart from a little section of Kingdom).
5 - Why bother putting in the bootleg stuff - it's unwatchable practically.
6 - Does Peter really play ALL the solos, and does he ALWAYS use the whammy bar for them?!
7 - Why didn't the record company get an English speaker to write the band biographies?
8 - Vader fucking rule, you should buy this. And "The Beast".
9 - While the live concert is amazing, it would be so much better now with all the recent material. So WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A NEW DVD?!!

Are you talking about the 'vision and the voice' DVD? If so, yeah its fucking great, i also have it. I saw them about two years go in london and they played a really great show. The annoying thing about the DVD is that the interviews are all in god damn polish.

Yeah, just remember it's an old concert so nothing from Litany onwards is on it. Well, there's a bootleg video section on it with some newer numbers, but it's pretty shit quality.

If you like Vader, I think Dies Irae's releases "Immolated" and "The Sin War" should tickle your fancy. The band features Vader members, and plays killer, Vader influenced death metal.

I know SculptedCold thinks they're boring, but they're not. Really. :p

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Opus, you're fucking kidding me. I can't believe the interviews are in Polish (I haven't watched that section yet). I assume there are subtitles....
Yah there are subtitles, still a fucking pain in the arse though. :erk:

You should be, it's great. It's just made me desperate to see a new one with newer material and better production values. I watched the interview Opus and it's not too bad, but the whole package is fairly amateurish. They, and we!, deserve something better to promote "The Beast". :kickass: