Vader vs. Macabre?

both bands are great for different reasons. macabre are hilarious and put on a great show. vader are musically brilliant.
~gR~

unknown said:
they made Ace Ventura a good movie

Heh, there's a favorite of mine. That's what got me into underground metal in the first place, seeing Cannibal Corpse on there and going "Holy shit!! What is this music?!!!"

The Greys said:
Their image has made them more popular but the band musician wise has improved over the years. It's not purely on image to me. Listen to the difference from when they formed to now. To me they have worked hard,are serious and deserve respect. A lot of bands have an image anyways, even more so than them. CC does not dress like goths,nor wear paint,make up, they are regular guys showing they like playing gore oriented death metal. They're popular because image but they back up they can play above average, can progress. I do believe people are buying their records because they enjoy the entire aspect of the band. They started out as a good oldschool death metal act, progressed. They are writting riffs,solos that they, most people never would have thought coming from the same band. They are here now because they try,have good attitudes, because they like playing what they play. Cannibal Corpse are not worse than some underground band that looks like they hang out at hot topic.
which is fine and dandy, but I have met many people who have bought a CC alcum simply because it is contraversal. and they can say to ther friends that they have a Death Metal album.

The Oak Forest Alchemist said:
which is fine and dandy, but I have met many people who have bought a CC alcum simply because it is contraversal. and they can say to ther friends that they have a Death Metal album.

Oh, that must make them to worst band ever.

So just because all their songs are about serial killers, their lyrics can be funny, and they have some nursery rhyme choruses means they're a joke band?

They've been around for like twenty years. They make good music. Not a joke band.

Morbid_Corpse said:
Oh, that must make them to worst band ever.

I didn't say that. I simply said that for every couple of CC fans, there is one person who bouht it for a reason other then music. a fact which is hardly true about other good Death Metal bands like Morbid Angel per say.
And there are far worse bands then Cannibal Corpse. Take Six Feet Under for example, they are a truly terrible band.

The Oak Forest Alchemist said:
And there are far worse bands then Cannibal Corpse. Take Six Feet Under for example, they are a truly terrible band.

That doesn't mean Cannibal Corpse is any good.

The Greys said:
The only good Vader is 'De Profundis'. Vader is very lackluster,textbook plus very unoriginal. They started out sounding like Slayer without the hooks, memorable riffs and music. They sound like they put out albums because they get paid. They are the Iced Earth of death metal. They've recycled their own music for almost a decade. I think it's cool they broke out of poland into the US but they are very overhyped. They have 3 riffs

Who needs vader when we have Altars of Madness,Blessed Are The Sick,etc... anyways

Cannibal Corpse non respectable ?. They deserves a lot more respect than Vader. Besides them being consistant as hell, guitar, bass wise they actually progress from each cd. They have not done the same thing for 10+ years. Whoever would think that does not know shit. Cannibal Corpse stick to their game, are professional as hell at delivering extreme death metal. As musicians creating the best extreme death metal they can for people that like fast music,gore lyrics,good production,consistancy. Their guitarists are better,more innovating than Vader's anyday. What because CC wants to talk about gore in a death metal genre it might take away. I know people think like that because they think they're so god damn smart.

Pat O' Brian,Jack Owen,Rob Barret are great guitarists. Cannibal Corpse > crappy brutal underground death metal,suffocation clones,vader etc... Cannibal Corpse deserves respect and are popular for reasons.

Steady on! You forgot 'Revelations'

Jean-Pierre said:
The Wretched Spawn was excellent. This is one band where I am baffled as to why they get bashed on the intar-web so much.
Maybe it has something to do with their ridiculous lyrics. But then again, many brutal dm bands have lyrics like that that are even more over-the-top.

I don't see why they get shit. They never fail to have killer riffs.

Most extreme death metal bands don't have better guitarists. It's simple as that. You are not going to hear any other band with gore lyrics that has better musicians or production jobs. The Wretched Spawn,Gore Obsessed,Bloodthirst guitar wise are pretty extreme and technical in death metal standards without remaining wanky.

The Bleeding from 94 is fast,intence for a death metal album that time. Some people go it's not melodic, intelligent but you forget that it is a death metal album. The production and thrashy songs are great. They write great songs for people into headbanging. Vile was killer too. The guitar playing is great

It's oldschool but still new. CC are more extreme than a lot of bands. When you're playing death metal that is important and saying something. I realize we have tons of different death metal,etc.. but you can't forget about the 'term' death metal. People get in their pussy mind state and think all death metal bands have to please their every musical aspect, or talk about something else,etc... it's 'death metal'.

If you like oldschool death metal, don't like Cannibal Corpse you're lying or ignorant because they are 'more mainstream' you'd lose your kvlt status because people on the internet I guess mean more than actual music its self. CC are as good as any underground death metal band and better in a lot of cases. It's not really debatable. To say they have not played a role, are not as good, don't deserve respect is a bunch of shit.

I hate to beat a deadhorse in this thread when it's about Vader,Macabre but damn. If you claim to be a death metal fan, don't own 'Cannibal Corpse' cds go listen to Nelly.

If you like Monstrosity,Malevolent Creation,Suffocation and say don't like 'The Bleeding' you do and are lying. Everyone here owns CC cds even 'Barking Pumpkin'

But that's not what the topic is about. This topic is driiiiifffffftiiiiiiing awaaaaaay.

^_^

*so called "pretentious-prog" reference*