Val's playing speed

jt_voittaja

Finnish Metal Fan
Nov 16, 2011
Finland
I was just in the process of listening to Theocracy when I got thinking: how fast does this guy actually play the guitar. :D
I listened to parts of songs in As The World Bleeds that I remembered to be really fast and the fastest I got was in the start of The Master Storyteller. It is at a tempo of 110bpm and the guy plays 32th notes, meaning 880npm or 14,7nps o_O
That's the fastest he plays on the album, unless I've missed something. The thing I'm wondering is that is this his maximum or can he reach even more mind-blowing speeds? :p

I wish we'd see Jared on here so I could talk to him about his techniques; Val is boring.

Just kidding, of course. Your work is great. :)

Listen to my solo project if you want to hear more technical stuff. Speed isn't everything! To answer your question, yes I can play much faster but there is honestly no reason for it. lol

http://www.myspace.com/valallenwood

Can't help but think of the St. Anger parody after reading this "These songs are long, and there are fast parts, so that automatically means that they are good....doooubllle bassssss" lol I totally agree though that speed is not everything.

Hi man, don't know if this question was already made on another toppic, but I'd like to know if you're christian too or just support the band with your amazing guitar play!!

Thanks !
:headbang: