Setlist as follows:
Masters Apprentices
Baying of the Hounds
In My Time of Need
Wreath
Heir Apparent
Drapery Falls

Observations:
Mike was hilarious as usual. This being a hockey town, he couldn't resist pointing out how all of the best Canucks players are Swedish. Then, he said something like, 'aw who cares anyway - hockey is gay', which he knew would get a reaction - and did... ha ha

Sound was really good, and they played very tight. This was my first Opeth show, and in every way it exceeded my expectations!

New drummer was totally on point the whole night. Absolutely amazing drummer, you guys are gonna love this dude.

When he announced the last song, the crowd started booing. Mike said, don't worry, we'll be back, "the album hasn't even come out yet - at least not officially" -- pointing out the fact the album was leaked a few weeks ago...

Can't wait for the next show!

This was also my first time seeing opeth. Absolutely incredible. Also mikael said something about being horny...cant remember why he said it though :lol:
yeah when he said "the album isnt even out, well not really...." everyone just kinda went quite and looked at their shoes. kinda ashamed hahahah. overall excellent show, was worth waiting 4 years for.

This was also my first time seeing opeth. Absolutely incredible. Also mikael said something about being horny...cant remember why he said it though :lol:

I remember - he made some reference about being 'vikings' from Sweden a few seconds before that - and then mentioned behing horny - I think it was in reference to viking helmets... that was my read of it anyway

It really was a great show. They really sounded tight and energetic.
I think we impressed them! Mike even said he was looking forward to
coming back...!

While my friend and I were beside the venue checking out the
equipment and what-not, out comes James LaBrie, and just kind
of walks by us. He signed a few autographs, took some pics, and
moved on. Seemed pretty cool. Later Portnoy ran by us, trying to
avoid the huge mob of people standing there. I honestly think I was
the only one who saw him haha. So as I was seeing all this I was
like damn... too bad I'm not a DT fan!

Haha yeah. And props to akesson for the guitar work!
(A downside was that when i asked people wearing watershed merchandise where the opeth merchandise was in the building, 2 or 3 different people
lied just for the hell of it hahaha. (bastards!) by the time we found the merch, all the shit in my size was sold out. oh well. i went to see opeth
and thats what i got, amazing show!

would you morons put some videos of these shows up instead posting the same fucking setlist every 5 threads? SHIT THREAD

Setlist as follows:
Masters Apprentices
Baying of the Hounds
In My Time of Need
Wreath
Heir Apparent
Drapery Falls

Observations:
Mike was hilarious as usual. This being a hockey town, he couldn't resist pointing out how all of the best Canucks players are Swedish. Then, he said something like, 'aw who cares anyway - hockey is gay', which he knew would get a reaction - and did... ha ha

Sound was really good, and they played very tight. This was my first Opeth show, and in every way it exceeded my expectations!

New drummer was totally on point the whole night. Absolutely amazing drummer, you guys are gonna love this dude.

When he announced the last song, the crowd started booing. Mike said, don't worry, we'll be back, "the album hasn't even come out yet - at least not officially" -- pointing out the fact the album was leaked a few weeks ago...

Can't wait for the next show!

axe sounds spot on because the setlist hasn't changed. If you play something over and over, you eventually will sound "spot on" :lol:

they need to switch the setlist up a little...geesh :zzz:

Did anyone notice they they spelled vancouver "vancover" on the shirt with the tour dates? It was likes the first thing I noticed, lol. Other than that it was an awesome show and I cant wait for them to come back and play a longer set instead of switching off for DT.

Haha yeah, I noticed that too! Didn't realize this before, but
they spelt it the same way on their homepage...

For me it was an Opeth concert though... my friend and I
didn't bother staying for DT. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yea, I left after about 20 minutes of DT. It was just so boring for me, I wasn't impressed at all. Why the hell does the drummer have such a huge kit if he doesnt use it? :S Maybe he did at some point but I was told he played like neil pert but having a big kit doesnt make you neil :S. W/E I stuck around hoping they would play a rush cover or something but then I realized I didnt want to hear a band I dont like play a rush cover anyways.

Hmm, paying for a gig, then going there, having the opportunity to see a band play which so many people love and have the opportunity to just experience it after which you can still decide if you liked it or not ... and you guys just leave??? I wouldn't pay to go see them, but if I was there and it's a nice evening and all, you can just as well stay and check 'em out ... kind of an elitist attitude if you ask me.

axe sounds spot on because the setlist hasn't changed. If you play something over and over, you eventually will sound "spot on" :lol:

they need to switch the setlist up a little...geesh :zzz:

Actually, Opeth has never been big on changing their set list. Usually once they have something, it remains pretty much unchanged for the entirety of the tour (the tour not just being one country).

They have been switching songs almost ever-other night, which is far more that they ever used to. Perhaps this is the beginning of rapidly-changing set, but I doubt it...

Actually, Opeth has never been big on changing their set list. Usually once they have something, it remains pretty much unchanged for the entirety of the tour (the tour not just being one country).

They have been switching songs almost ever-other night, which is far more that they ever used to. Perhaps this is the beginning of rapidly-changing set, but I doubt it...

they havent really been 'switching songs' so much as the order, and either dropping one or adding one.

i dont particularly care if they have the same setlist for every gig. im only seeing them once this tour, and im happy knowing that theyll be giving a damn good performance because of that.

Actually, Opeth has never been big on changing their set list. Usually once they have something, it remains pretty much unchanged for the entirety of the tour ...

wrong. the setlist was significantly different the night of the roundhouse tapes compared to 2 nights before at nottingham

they also changed the setlist from manchesters to the brixton show.

wrong. the setlist was significantly different the night of the roundhouse tapes compared to 2 nights before at nottingham

they also changed the setlist from manchesters to the brixton show.

Mmm, hence why I said "usually" and not "always." On every US tour I've seen they have added/taken away songs maybe once...usually in the middle of the tour. If that Opeth tour archive was still up you'd know what I mean.