Various tunings on all Nevermore LP's

crawler668

New Metal Member
Sep 14, 2001
Am i right in saying the first 3 albums used 1/2 step down tunings for most songs ? Then Jeff started using 7 strings which he then tuned the low b up 1/2 a step ? Any help here guys would be much appreciated :p i know most songs on DHIADW were played on 7 string guitar !

You mean the first 4 dont you?
1)s/t
2)In Memory
3)PoE
4)DnB
5)DHIADW
Yes, everything before DHIADW is 6 string down 1/2.
Everything on DHIADW is 7 string 1/2 step down too. Yes its bflat

I need a new signature... I like to change things...
It will now be
"Dont set your mind... ... to one side."

And it should be called -'DHIADW' was a big mistake- :)))
he he he. just kiddin'.

Nah, i reckon they should call the next CD 'View from the mirror'. Just as a bit of a kickback to Sanctuary, and i reckon WD could write some awesome lyrics to do with the title too.

who said anything about slow songs??

(i can't be bothered re-reading the thread... but i'm almost certain there was no mention!!)

What I wonder is... Why the switch to seven strings? I always have more respect for people who don't need to go low to go heavy. Loomis has the talent, so there was no need to go low. I think its easy to make cool riffs on a seven string because of that low B. So in a way its cheating to get the heavy riff.

Loomis said he switched to 7 strings because he can play more chords with an extra string.

satanicnugz said:
What I wonder is... Why the switch to seven strings? I always have more respect for people who don't need to go low to go heavy. Loomis has the talent, so there was no need to go low. I think its easy to make cool riffs on a seven string because of that low B. So in a way its cheating to get the heavy riff.
ummmm since when was technicality measured on how many strings you have.....if he likes the sound of an extra string and is actually good at using it unlike the morons from korn then i don't see what the problem is

I think it is way easier to make a heavy riff on a 7 string just because the damn thing is so low. Throw some distortion with the 7 and there is nothing to writing a heavy line. On the other hand standard tuning on a 6 string isn't as easy as a 7 string to make a riff/CD to groove to.

I think it is way easier to make a heavy riff on a 7 string just because the damn thing is so low. Throw some distortion with the 7 and there is nothing to writing a heavy line. On the other hand standard tuning on a 6 string isn't as easy as a 7 string to make a riff/CD to groove to.

>> actually this is right imo. and metalskater: technicality has nothing to do with the number of strings you got but bands using seven strings tend to get more untechnical (?). this is also true for the nevermore stuff.