Veil of Maya Eclipse Guitar Tone

Mendel

Lag Arkane
Jun 11, 2005
The Netherlands
www.mendelb.com
I've been diggin this tone lately and it sounds quite familiar to Periphery's self titled album.

The thing is, i have no idea how to achieve a tone like this, it's djenty in a unique way i guess.

Anyone got tips on amp, cab or eq's?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's the same cab that Bulb used on the Periphery self titled. It's the Axe-Fx Metal 4x12 cab... which I have as an IR by the way but sharing it would be illegal so I can't really help you. :D There's a Periphery IR in my match EQ IR collection which is basically the same thing though. Try it!

Other than that: TIGHT GATE compressor in front of the gate and balance them well so that it cuts tightly but compresses every note to cut through the gate. Tubescreamer in front of the amp and gain extremely low on the amp.

I'm pretty sure it's the same cab that Bulb used on the Periphery self titled. It's the Axe-Fx Metal 4x12 cab... which I have as an IR by the way but sharing it would be illegal so I can't really help you. :D There's a Periphery IR in my match EQ IR collection which is basically the same thing though. Try it!

Other than that: TIGHT GATE compressor in front of the gate and balance them well so that it cuts tightly but compresses every note to cut through the gate. Tubescreamer in front of the amp and gain extremely low on the amp.

They actually took that cab off of the Axe II in the new firmware update =/. But the cab I linked above is the same one, made by Clawfinger