the faceless, veil of maya, necrophagist, etc

metalboy458

New Metal Member
Jun 26, 2012
i was wondering if its possible to get these kind of tones out of a line 6 pod hd 500. i know michael keene uses line 6 stuff for recording and live and the last time i saw him he was using guitar rig. so i guess i know its possible, but any suggestions on how to get there with a line 6 hd 500 or guitar rig 3?

im fixing to start recording my friend thats really into just technical death metal and need tones like that to play around with. any tips on doing that kinda production are welcome also. thanks in advance.

also i have a ada mp1, ada mp1 3.666 mod (sounds more mesaish), peavey 5150 ii, and soon to be laney vh100r owner. genz benz g-flex 2x12, redwirez cab impulses, and a 57. keeley modded boss ds-1, fulltone ocd, and mxr 78 distortion. so any tips using that gear would be great too.

well i was talking about the line 6 stuff mostly. i know all the amps pretty well. im just more curious about the simulator stuff.

Man if I had the mp1 and a 5150 II I'd be far from thinking about sims. Especially live stuff.

Yeah, getting a great tone with an amp sim is much more difficult than with good amps like 5150 II.
Back on topic: cannot help you sorry :)