Very Katatonia-esque band, but they're on a Major Label!

Nebularus

Sep 19, 2001
Kobe, Japan
Download the following track by Interpol from Soulseek or Kazaa:

Interpol - P.D.A.

It's an AMAZING song (probably my favourite of 2002), and I'll eat my shoe if someone tells me that the guitars aren't in the exact same riffing style (4/4 time rhythms) that Anders (well, Mackintosh) pioneered.

What's interesting is that the Interpol album was released last year. They became the "it" band in the New York underground.

Great band in any case.

F

Nebularus said:
Download the following track by Interpol from Soulseek or Kazaa:

Interpol - P.D.A.

It's an AMAZING song (probably my favourite of 2002), and I'll eat my shoe if someone tells me that the guitars aren't in the exact same riffing style (4/4 time rhythms) that Anders (well, Mackintosh) pioneered.

What's interesting is that the Interpol album was released last year. They became the "it" band in the New York underground.

Great band in any case.

F

ok man, i'll check it out
thanks for the recommendation

This is a really cool band, but I hardly believe they were influenced by katatonia (although I can see slight similarities) I think they both draw inspiration from similar sources (slowdive and other shoegazer bands)

insidethefall said:
This is a really cool band, but I hardly believe they were influenced by katatonia (although I can see slight similarities) I think they both draw inspiration from similar sources (slowdive and other shoegazer bands)

I never said that Interpol were influenced by Katatonia. I just said that the guitar riffing styles are very similar.

valafar said:
well i listened to interpol--PDA...

yeah, the guitar sounds are quite similar...
but in the end it's...well...just another american band :puke:

Isn´t that a bit harsh... I think they are fantastic... If you like Katatonia you should like them... maybe you should give them another chance :p

Interpol? I listened to them a couple months ago...sorry, but nothing compared to Katatonia.

Yeah, you´re right, guitars are similar , but the voice, sounds like "Michael Stipe-light"...
By the way, listen to The Wounded´s "Monument", you probably like it...

Nebularus said:
I never said that Interpol were influenced by Katatonia. I just said that the guitar riffing styles are very similar.
you did, however, say that they are amazing.
well i am amazed of how much this shit bores me.