Video for Nightwish "Bye Bye Beautiful"

Cool video! I'm LOVING the new Nightwish...can't wait to see them in November in Atlanta. They are MUCH MUCH MUCH more accessible to me now with the new singer. Her previous band, Alyson Avenue, was a frequent selection on my iPod.

I think this video captures the essence of the song.

P.S. By the way his name is MARCO hehehehehehehe:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...these guys' names are hard enough for us Tennessee folk as it is. ;)

I'm not sure what the essence of the song is, but the video makes them come across as plain wimpy. I hate to say it, but I think they'd get laughed off of MTV2's Headbanger's Ball for something like this...eventhough I dislike 99.9% of the music the Ball plays.

~Brian~

This new singer is painfully generic. Nightwish, what happened? :(

At least Marco's still there, I guess...
Give it a few more spins. It grows on you and she has a lot more depth than I first heard. Check out the free-style thing she and Marco do on "Meadows of Heaven" I totally love it.

Amuses me the people who say they are generic, pop or unoriginal. I haven't heard anything remotely like this CD from any other band and aside from maybe "Eva" and maybe somewhat, "Amaranth" no songs like this on the radio. I'll be surprised if any of the other songs make it to the airway in the U.S., though I think "Cadence of Her Last Breath" and "For The Heart I Once Had" are more than worthy. But I highly doubt this CD will make Nightwish mainstream in the U.S. This music is still far to complex and da masses need der music dumbed down.

Ok, so their music keeps progressing into pop-metal, at least this is what i can gather from the singles. I dont care though since this band was never that heavy to begin with. Do they have any "ghost Love Score"-type songs on the new album??

I like the new singer, but, where are the you tube videos with her singing the old shit? now THAT is what I want to hear.

ohh and what is "Redefine Me" by Mercenary about?

I find the video lighthearted and humorous...I don't really sense any cheap shots *shrugs*

Emppuette FTW :D

...and there are no Homosexuals in Iran...

They bitch slapped Tarja so hard her dead great-grandparents felt it.

EDIT and yes I got the sarcasm. Just had to be the first one on the forum to quote the dood from Iran who is causing so much consternation here.

They bitch slapped Tarja so hard her dead great-grandparents felt it.
The lyrics and music give an aggressive stance toward Tarja's departure, but Tuomas has said it wasn't meant to be that harsh...they did call her "beautiful" afterall :lol: But instead of making a grim video to match the song, they went and made something fun and silly, and THAT is what I'm referring to as lighthearted and humorous...and personally, I think it works better this way.

@TBJ...The Poet And The Pendulum easily matches Ghost Love Score. And the Iranian President recently spoke at Columbia University in NY and mentioned they were no gays in Iran :loco:

I like the keyboardist, go figure.

I think the new singer is going to get a lot of unjustified slack, the bands song writing really isnt what it used to be they didnt bring her on board to write songs (I believe that Tuomas is still writing all the material) but with her being the new kid on the block thats where the fingers will get pointed.

Am I the only one that thinks that tune kicks ass??

No, not at all. In fact this album is currently #2 favorite in the Nightwish catalog.

Nothing wrong with her voice. nothing wrong with the songs. You just can't please everyone.

At least they're not pulling a journey.

How many folks here would bitch if all they did was go out and hire a Tarja-clone? Think about that for a minute.

Am I the only one that thinks that tune kicks ass??

Far from it. I'm in your boat. I just think band politics should sometimes be left out of songs, especially where it's COMPLETELY obvious that it's aimed at any ex-band member. Move on already, Nightwish, Jesus.

At least with Redefine Me, you can take the meaning in another direction.

I don't like it - it sounds similar to I Wish I Had an Angel, and I didn't like that either. Not a fan of disco.

I don't know, she doesn't have a bad voice but one of the things that was part of the Nightwish "sound" was the operatic vocals. This chick has a more contemporary, straightforward vocal style and it just isn't powerful...Tarja had a powerful voice. Putting an almost happy, poppy kind of voice in there like this just doesn't work in my opinion.

Plus, Emppu needs to dial in some mids! That's way too scooped, man.

Well, I haven't heard all the new album, but so far Nightwish are two for two. I'm very picky when it comes to talent in songwriting (which is to me is very different from skills and musicianship). When it comes to writing, Nightwish have it. And its all about Tuomas if you ask me. The best musicians base their melodies around the piano and build the guitar and other instruments off it. The piano really is the best instrument for writing any kind of melodic music (even if you're an all guitar band), and Tuomas knows what he's doing. I give him cred.

And vocals are very important for me, but the way the vocal melodies are written are much more important.

You can complain about the departure from the operatic singing style, but I really believe every good album needs a few short tunes with exceptional choruses like "Bye Bye Beautiful" and "Amaranth."

I'll know for sure when the album comes out... which I VERY much look forward to hearing.

Very clever video by the way!

Your Michael