Video interview Mikael

I can see it in his face "I know something you don't knooooow, muahahaha", evil..

Great interview, enjoyed it muchly. Nice to see him talk about Peter in more detail, it's apparent he's emotional about the subject, good on him for getting it out.

"that song sucks..and you're fat" lol

First of all, Mikael looks so tired. Maybe that's why he talked so deeply. And wow, great info indeed. Very interesting stuff starting from part III to finish.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mike, though putting all that stuff on the album, barely wants us to know the significance of the lyrics or hidden messages? I can almost see the dude in pain when talking about the booklet and such.

I only watched a little bit as I'm too impatient today to wait for it to buffer each part, but from what I can tell it's a pretty unique interview for the last few years.
Yeah the bandwith was pretty terrible, I kept doing other things while waiting for the parts to load, was a little anoying not watching it in full. Nevertheless a really insightful interview.

It is man. Fucking shit, but don't you feel such things should not be said in public?

I really feel for Peter and think Mike is a bit too hard on him here. I don't know...

Thanks for the interviews btw.

Oh no, I'm glad it came out...but I know how much it sucks to reject ideas for songs so just the way he put it..."we wrote the first two albums together and then nothing for four or five albums and then he gave me this cassette." That must've been a sad day.

I do remember Lopez saying Ghost Reveries was his favorite album since Still Life, but it's true the other members didn't chime in much on how they felt about it.

I don't think Mikael should have gone so far. He looks tired, and people say things they don't really want to say when they are tired.
A lot of what he is saying is no one outside of the band's business.
But I'll keep watching anyway.

Mike really seemed to wear his heart on his sleeve in the interview, waht happened between him and peter is obviously there buisness but her certainley seemed quite harsh about peter and for such an amazing guitar player im suprised how little peter actually put forward in terms of riff and the like. From the extras on the lamentation DVD i was under the impression they split the solo's 50/50, playing aswell as writing them? In a way im glad peter maybe didnt get involve in the song writing process because what Fred has contributed so far is quite awful imo. Generic sounding riff, shredding solos with no taste or originality, atleast peter brought that cool sweeping penataonic thing, weird the way things worked out but hopefully peter is doing what he wants and mike dosent feel the pressure of letting riffs be used to keep people happy.

The player controller is not there for me. It is there sometimes, but it disappears! I can't pause, stop or fast forward, which is really annoying, because it stops sometimes.

Anyone know what to do?

Don't really see the problem. As he said, he can't do favours. He needs to put Opeth before any of the bandmembers.

And he's not slagging Peter off or anything. Just said that he didn't like the few riffs Peter delivered with that tape. So what? Does he HAVE TO like it in order to be a nice guy or something? And its not like an insult to simply say it.

I think it's refreshing to see such an open, unguarded and utterly unpretentious interview for a change, especially from a relatively famous musician. Respect.

He looked happy to have got that off his chest. It looked as if he had only discussed the tape with the other band members and those close to him. Probably one of the best interviews with him tbh.

It's probably the best interview with Opeth I've ever seen. A sort of revelation it is. Thank Mike for all these words and thank to an interviewer for letting Mike talk about it. Really, interviewer was very intelligent, very smooth. I guess it would be too bad to watch that infamous The Gauntlet interview after this one, hah.

By the way, what was the name Mike said about Crazy Eyed Killer? It's something swedish, as i can hear. Horge?

it was a great interview. kind of a weird feeling seeing mikael showing emotion. i'd be upset if my band mates never showed me any sort of praise on the music i write. he definitely has the right to vent. peter could have spoken up and said "hey can we work together on the music." but he never did and that's his own fault plus a show of complete laziness.