Dec 20, 2005
Video interview with Opeth. FaceCulture, http://www.faceculture.nl, spoke to
Mikael Akerfeldt from progmetal band Opeth about The Zombies, The
Beatles, working with folk singer, hidden messages in cd booklet,
start the album Watershed, departure of Peter Lindgren, his work,
Peters tape with riffs, songwriting process within the band, not being
an egomaniac and lots more.

192.jpg

mike is very cute on the last one where he says no one in the band gives a shit about him
also the one where he talks about the hidden shit on watershed is really funny

Thanks for the link. Very good interview, when I saw more Peter talk/song writing process I thought it would be more of the same information, but his responses were very interesting.

hi everybody. i had more questions about the album (tons more:)) but mikael really was into talking about peter leaving. we only had 15 minutes, but it lasted longer because mikael really wanted to finish the peter-part. he was eager to get it off of his chest. but, if he's playing holland again i promise we'll ask more about the new album! o, by the way, mikael was jetlagged, he just arrived by plane and didn't sleep proper the previous night.

Awsome interview! Im glad that it was more then just Watershed talk (there is plenty on roadrunner.com). It was really nice to hear about the things regarding Peter.

A very good interview, lots of new information about Peter leaving the band. Thanks for posting.

And I think we`re going to hear a lot about the new album, at least a year on the road and hundreds of interviews to come.

Good work Faceculture guy, you have balls in your interview style but i thimk the naieve Dutch accent helps you get away with intrucive and awkward questions but as i say, good work

very interesting interview and enjoyable interview. it was good to hear mikael talk about peter and it was a little sad to hear that mikael rarely gets compliments from the guys.

That was a really refreshing interview. I've seen almost all the interviews leading up to Watershed, and the questions and responses were almost all the same. This time I actually learned a lot about Opeth, Mike and Peter that I never knew before.

I only watched a little bit as I'm too impatient today to wait for it to buffer each part, but from what I can tell it's a pretty unique interview for the last few years.

Thats probably the best opeth interview ive ever watched. Learnt alot about how the band writes and how picky mike is with what makes it on the album, wich is probably why every album is so solid.

Nice interview, I was interested throughout the whole thing. Kinda felt like a therapy session for Mike at times haha. Intense!

Actually an interesting interview, expected more generic info that's been talked about dozens of times but the information here is fresh

Nice interview, I was interested throughout the whole thing. Kinda felt like a therapy session for Mike at times haha. Intense!

yea i just think same too...
best opeth interview so far.but i have to say this.Mike told about members...never came compliment about him,or album etc.but i remember clearly when gr came out i watched lopez interview and he said"i always saying still life is our best album but now i think gr is the best..." or someting...
anyway thank you so much for this.